Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wake me up before you GoGo

jammyboy

I thought that Tuesday's match was a good chance to see what some players could do and huge praise goes to Thomas Gogo. You will know from my previous posts that I've been a fan and criticised management for leaving him on the bench. He was my man of the match and the touches and skill he displayed were excellent, with his passes skilfully, and invariably, ending up at the feet of the player to whom it was intended. Super. Also I thought the interplay between him and Courtney (played together at West Ham I think) was great.

It was nice to Frankie Curley back on form, but I would have taken the opportunity to play Michael Martin up front and controversially, even though he scored, I would suggest that Martin Tuohy has a period out on loan to get some goals under his belt. You cannot fault his commitment which is 110%, but he needs to build-up his confidence and then come back. We need the goals going forward as we are back to bottom and not an easy match on Saturday either.

But another well done to Thomas. Great performance.

Regarding our strikers, Martin Tuohy, George Purcell, Reece Beckles-Richards, Michael Malcolm, Elyon Marshall-Katung, and Leon McKenzie they all deserve to be in the team. Jimmy McFarlane needs to pick the best combination and in my opinion those in best form. Past reputation should count for little as everybody should be fighting for a place in the team and this should be on merit. (goals & work ethic)

Come On You Urchins................

The club should do more to keep fans updated regarding player availability and long term injuries.

The Romford Recorder seems to be the best source of information at the moment and that is saying something.

Nothing on the official web site regarding Reece Beckles-Richards or Leon McKenzie for example although to their credit they did announce the departure of Omar Beckles.

We actually probably have some of the best strikers in the league but all have struggled with injury/loss of form this season,if they start firing and it looks like they may of,we will be ok.

It seems like we are turning the corner,results went downhill again after our mini revival but hopefully we are over that now and can get 3 points against ETU Saturday

Archived