Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Falling Angels 0 - 1 BTFC

Jacob Cleaver scores in the 76th Min

attendance 398 

Full-time: Tonbridge Angels 0-1 Billericay Town Half-time: Tonbridge Angels 0-0 Billericay Town 

In other news, Urchins lost. It was windy 

It is always good to come away from an away win...

You couldn't put a piece of paper between both clubs really... Both looking for a win after a poor run. The difference was Cleaver's goal and the amazing performance by Billy Lumley... Complete with a last minute double save to keep the Angels from equalising. For me a performance which qualifies him for player of the month!!!

A good win... And a good reception from the supporters...

A vital win for us and to be fair one that is probably a bit overdue as we have been unlucky not to come away with more in quite a few games lately. Lumley's save at the end might turn out to be absolutely critical not simply in terms of the extra two points gained yesterday but in how our whole season pans out.

Our four main attacking players were all really young yesterday and I hope we can persuade them all to gamble a bit more in front of goal. Again there were quite a few occasions where we could have tried our luck but the shot never came - What's the worst that can happen - They spanner it high and wide out of the ground - Come on lads - Don't be scared to have a go.

Having said that one win certainly doesn't solve the underlying issues. I accept it's tricky when arguably your two most creative attacking players (Sapps and Baker) are out injured but in my view it's clear that if we really want to be challenging at the right end of the table then the Manager has to be given the means to be able to bring in a bit more quality in to the squad. Whether it's worth doing that in a season where there are a couple of very strong sides in the Division is another issue but if we were to lose Margate and Maidstone then next season a bit more risk could yield a lot more reward.

Hopefully we'll survive the plastic on Tuesday and be in good shape for a couple of winnable home games in the League thereafter.

Absolutely no idea how we won that.  A bit of a smash and grab, but I'll take the result.  We mustn't let this paper over the cracks though....I thought we were really poor, and for me I didn't think we would score at all.  However ultimately we repeated what we did at Witham and came away with a result we probably didn't deserve - hell, it's gone the other way for us many times over the years so it's about time the roles were reversed.

I do think though that all the changes we've made have done little to improve the team, and the squad still looks rather thin.  The best performances I've seen so far this season are Lewes and Letherhead and many of the players involved in those games have since departed.

Glenn Poole mentioned in his Gazette article about rebuilding, well we've been rebuilding every year under Craig Edwards (except one - the promotion year).  You can't keep rebuilding.  Hopefully some a decent run of results will stop the tinkering, but that remains to be seen.

Onwards and upwards......hopefully

Not making excuses why Tonbridge lost....but heres a load of excuses

with elton john asking the questions surely the background music should be "I guess thats why they call it the blues"....!

Archived