Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lynda Bellingham RIP

British actress and presenter Lynda Bellingham, who had cancer, has died aged 66, her agent has confirmed.

Sue Latimer said she died yesterday "in her husband's arms".

_78390964_lyndabellingham1.jpg

The actress, best known for her long-running role as a mother in the Oxo TV adverts, had been battling colon cancer since being diagnosed in July 2013.

Bellingham said she had decided to end her treatment in August to limit her family's suffering, after it spread to her lungs and liver.

In a statement on behalf of Bellingham's family, Latimer said: "Lynda died peacefully in her husband's arms yesterday at a London hospital.

"Her family would like to thank the nurses and staff for their tremendous care and support."

She added: "Actor, writer and presenter - to the end Lynda was a consummate professional."

Bellingham was also known for shows such as All Creatures Great and Small and in recent years was on the panel of ITV's Loose Women.

She also appeared in Doctor Who, Z Cars, General Hospital, The Bill and many more.

Haven't seen this in the media yet but I don't doubt your source Ralph. Lynda Bellingham had approached her condition bravely and had hoped she'd make another Christmas for her family's sake I suppose. Always remember her as the Bisto Mum, first proper crush on an older woman!

RIP. God bless.

Yeah, my poor memory fails again. Anyway, this was her back then:-

1553.jpg

I expect sales of OXO will nosedive now, she was quite a looker back in the day wasn't she. RIP Lynda:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/27/1411849237154_Image_galleryImage_LYNDA_BELLINGHAM_actress.JPG

She really was an inspiration to tens of thousands of woman fighting cancer, so her death so soon after she made countless TV appearances looking so well is a real kick in the teeth. 

Personally I wish she had been much less public about her illness because people fighting this horrible disease like to try and be more positive, and her very public passing is just another reminder of how dangerous cancer is. She certainly did what she did for the best of reasons though, and thankfully she is no longer suffering.

RIP Linda Bellingham.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that it was Lynda's funeral yesterday, RIP

• 2 weeks later...

I lked the final pictures of her life with her family in the press yesterday.

A sad sad loss.

Archived