Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New kit at Windsor

Lazy Sod

Does anyone remember seeing this which was first posted on 4th January 2014?

http://www.windsorfc.net/news/news.php?ID=N126

All about the new Union Jack style shirts and sponsorship deal with Thames Fiat.

It is now 18th October which is over ten months since the launch. But where are the new kits and where are the shirts that have been paid for by supporters? The lack of communication from Windsor FC regarding this is a complete and utter disgrace. Why is there such a wall of silence from Winsdor FC regarding this?

Matt Stevens has sent out regular emails to those on the supporters club mailing list and articles have been printed in the programme as well as tannoy announcement at games regarding the kit [or lack of it] due to the manufacturers being typically useless but then I've not found a good one yet in 30 odd years ! 

Maybe you could actually ask someone in person at the club instead of posting on an independent website ????

My point is a response to quotes such as 'Lack of communication' and 'Wall of silence' which are quite plainly incorrect given the information that has been passed on to supporters thus far !

Is it an ideal situation ? No. 

Are the club happy at constant delays from the manufacturer ? No.

What exactly would you like the club to do about it ?

Well, let's see. How many times has the Football Club, NOT Supporters Club, informed the supporters about the situation since the launch? Nothing on the official website, nothing on Twitter, nothing on Facebook and nothing on the Forum. I have lost count of the number of times that I have raised this issue and each time I have been fobbed off. When I have asked about the cause of the delays I have been given a response of "I don't know". There may well be the occasional announcement over the tannoy system but it is so muffled it is difficult to comprehend what has been said. The initial date for availability was sometime in March. Next, before the pre season friendly against Slough. Then the email from the Supporters Club suggesting this weekend. Not once has there been any sort of communication regarding the cause of the delay. That this nonsense has been allowed to run for so long is unacceptable.

What do I want to see? A statement from the Club on the official website explaining exactly what the position is. How difficult is that?

All a bit pointless though as I found out last night that the order has now been cancelled. Ten months on and it is nothing short of a compete and utter embarrassment while I find myself almost £80 out of pocket. If was the guy funding the whole sponsorship deal I would be extremely pissed off. So, if the kit has been cancelled does this mean that the cars will disappear from the ground and the big banner in the clubhouse advertising the new kit will also be removed?

If the Club is serious about playing in a red and green kit then I am more than happy to work on this. There are plenty of suppliers out there with delivery times from 3 weeks.

I reckon it's all got something to do with the recent Scottish Referendum.

Had the Jocks voted 'YES'. the Union flag might have become illegal, so the suppliers decided to 'hang-fire'  !!

:bolt:

If this is the case and the order has been cancelled what is the plan regarding replacing the current kit?

None of this is ideal for all parties concerned, I'm sure anyone would agree playing in the same kit for almost 4 years is poor!!

Are we likely to see a new kit arrive in the new year with let's say a more conventional design? I would like to see a return to red & green rather than all red if this is the case!!!!

I'm tempted to ask a pertinent question here, but then again, I'm sure Steve has everything under control !

Edited by Big J R

If this is the case and the order has been cancelled what is the plan regarding replacing the current kit?

None of this is ideal for all parties concerned, I'm sure anyone would agree playing in the same kit for almost 4 years is poor!!

Are we likely to see a new kit arrive in the new year with let's say a more conventional design? I would like to see a return to red & green rather than all red if this is the case!!!!

The new kit has NOT been cancelled Ken and I've asked Kevin do do a press release updating the situation with the suppliers so nobody can say they haven't been informed - unless of course you don't visit the website/Facebook/Twitter or buy a programme or local paper or can't hear the tannoy !!!!

Ask away John. 

Everything I control is under control but I don't control everything !!!!!  

Your excellent reply above answers all, as I knew it would !  :rolleyes:

Our regards to Kevin when you next converse.  I haven't chatted to him for some time now.

I spoke to Kevin on Monday and he said that he would provide an announcement in the next two days. I suggested he get something up onto the website especially as there has been no update on there since the launch. Well, it is Friday now and still no statement. WTF is going on?