Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

F.A.VASE ACTION 3/4 OCTOBER

Smudge

Another chance for many CCL Sides to earn a bit of much needed Prize Money

Friday 3rd October

AFC Croydon Ath. v Chessington and Hook 730pm KO,Please note this game will be played at Colliers Wood's ground Wibbadune

Saturday 4th Oct

Colliers Wood v Shoreham

Cray Valley PM v Horley Town

Farnham Town v Milton Utd

Flackwell Heath v Frimley Green

Highworth Town v Hartley Wintney

Molesey v Greenwich Borough

Raynes Park Vale v Epsom Ath.

Rothwell Corinthians v Bedfont Sports

Spelthorne Sports v Risborough Rangers

Windsor v Binfield

Woodley Town v Knaphill

Banstead Ath v Mile Oak

Cobham v Lingfield 

Eversley and California v Tuffley Rovers

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL CCL CLUBS

On early results,looks like it could be a good day for CCL Sides----LOADSA MONEY

Colliers Wood 2 v 1 Shoreham

Cray Valley PM 0 v 2 Horley Town

Raynes Park 2 v 1 Epsom Ath.

Rothwell Corinthians 0 v 1 Bedfont Sports

Spelthorne Sports 2 v 1 Risborough Rangers

Windsor 4 v 0 Binfield

Woodley Town 0 v 2 Knaphill

Molesey 1 v 2 Greenwich Borough

Highworth Town 2 v 1 Hartley Wintney aet

Cobham 0 v 4 Lingfield

Banstead Ath 2 v 1 Mile Oak aet

Some good wins there,standout for me, Windsor ,thought that looked a toughie,no moaning about the Ref.today Rother. Banstead who must be on the up,after a few lean seasons,judging on their League position.Horley Town a good win at the Paper Mills,always a tough place to go to.

Windsor 4-0 Binfield.

Games tend to come and go and blur in my memory but I think that's the best performance for a long long time. And a really enjoyable well contested encounter against a decent Binfield team. Never a 4-0 game, if that makes sense but some of the passing today was absolutely superb.

Rob Lazarczuk was excellent as playmaker and I really like the way he's settling into his new deeper role - pinging some excellent long passes. Great to see Aaron Minhas back after 2 months out with injury. 5 goals in 2 games for 19 year old Kane Jones who is now starting to fulfil his potential.

Most of all though today I was impressed with the defence. So solid getting well timed tackles and blocks in and rarely giving them the space through the middle which has been one of our main failings over the last couple of years.

Looking at today's bench and the rested players we do have a very strong squad and that is going to serve us well as the season progresses. Very promising I think - after a sluggish start we are developing into potential challengers again.... Cue another sub-standard performance against Knaphill next week!!

Good ref today - kept his yellow card to himself most of the time. Lino on the stand side looked a bit suspect - gave Windsor players offside when on, and onside when off. (Just for Smudge.)

Binfield are not a bad side by any means but we did make them look ordinary. To be totally honest, I really cannot remember our keeper having a save to make all game. When he was called upon to do something he was positive in his actions. Binfield did apply more pressure at the start of the second half but our second goal knocked the wind out of their sails. After that went in it was a case of how many we would score.

As for the referee, I think he was too lenient especially in the first half as there were some fairly robust challenges out there.

Highlight for me was our 4th goal which would not have looked out of place at a much higher level. Quick, crisp accurate passing coupled with excellent movement off the ball which resulted in a very easy finish.

Archived