Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th Sept Fixtures?

Smudge

Understand Westfield might be on the lookout for a new manager! Anyone else here the hear the same rumour? If so who is available to take up the post

Heard the same,but unfortunately,I am unavailable at this present time.Maybe the reserve Manager could take the reigns,do not think he could do any worse.Hear Weeble is on the lookout for a position,or maybe even Duncs,the Fans Focus dream team,could ride to the rescue.

Edited by Smudge

Trouble is Smudge between us we have won everything at this level and nowadays that is a black mark and not an advantage,too many clubs go for this cv sh1t that should not apply at this level cos it is usually bollix,some clubs are full of people who have never played the game so its no wonder they make bad decisions.Myself and Weebs are prepared to watch and laugh at some of these so called managers it really is a joke.

Edited by duncs

Very funny Kroons but just look at some of the bluffers that have fallen by the wayside,its the games loss that people with so much experience are seen as some sort of a threat because they know how to win.No one in this country likes winners its the yes men who fill most of the jobs.

Deffo Smudge and they will take us further away from where we should be such a shame the right wing press can influence so many peoples thinking,sky sports and the scum to name but 2,money is killing our game and youngsters are all disillusioned with the game, cos johnny foreigner is always a better bet in the eyes of those who need a quick premier league or champions league title,my team (chelsea) has become one of the worst culprits and it is a shame.

The match report from our win at Spelthorne Sports is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN119.html

I have a few observations.

We earned a penalty after 27 minutes. The Assistant flagged for it, certainly before the ref gave it, although of course it's possible that the ref would have done too. However, after having given it, the Assistant ran to the goal line as if to await a penalty. He was clearly certain that it had been inside the box, which it probably was.

Now I have no problem with the referee going over to speak to the Assistant but they were there for over a minute and I really wondered whether we were going to have the decision changed, even though the Assistant saw it and then was certain it was inside the box. As it turned out, the Assistant rightly won the day and we then scored from the penalty. 

I thought Spelthorne were very average and relied entirely on Atiose their right winger who was very good and cannot be playing at this level for much longer. Little else came from the home side though and although they were missing Staples, I thought they would be better than they were. 

I hope they don't finish top, as there is no way they could get the ground up to Step Four without a lot of work. It's very neat and tidy and fair play to the people who have constructed it all, but it's too soon for them. Nice place and people though and I look forward to going there again next season.

Finally, I can't believe the Westfield Manager has gone and really hope it is personal reasons and not footballing ones, as they were great against us just last Tuesday and are so far the best team we've played against. Sure, their position is lower than most people thought but it's still early.

Former Hartley Manager Neville Roach is available too, So would expect he maybe interested in a return to the combined counties league after a stint with Marlow FC. Be interesting to see who gets the role as a very good set up at Westfield, been impressed by the games I have attended there.

Also heard on the rumour mill there are a few other clubs ready to cut there relationships with there managers so maybe quite a few jobs to go round for everyone.

The match report from our win at Spelthorne Sports is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN119.html

I have a few observations.

We earned a penalty after 27 minutes. The Assistant flagged for it, certainly before the ref gave it, although of course it's possible that the ref would have done too. However, after having given it, the Assistant ran to the goal line as if to await a penalty. He was clearly certain that it had been inside the box, which it probably was.

Now I have no problem with the referee going over to speak to the Assistant but they were there for over a minute and I really wondered whether we were going to have the decision changed, even though the Assistant saw it and then was certain it was inside the box. As it turned out, the Assistant rightly won the day and we then scored from the penalty. 

I thought Spelthorne were very average and relied entirely on Atiose their right winger who was very good and cannot be playing at this level for much longer. Little else came from the home side though and although they were missing Staples, I thought they would be better than they were. 

I hope they don't finish top, as there is no way they could get the ground up to Step Four without a lot of work. It's very neat and tidy and fair play to the people who have constructed it all, but it's too soon for them. Nice place and people though and I look forward to going there again next season.

Finally, I can't believe the Westfield Manager has gone and really hope it is personal reasons and not footballing ones, as they were great against us just last Tuesday and are so far the best team we've played against. Sure, their position is lower than most people thought but it's still early.

Rich,Westfield are nowhere near the side they were last season,not in my opinion anyway,could not score in a brothel.I just hope Cove get their ground up to scratch,they were far and above the best side,I saw last season,and have continued this season in the same vein.Div 1 is where the excitement will be this year,so many contenders.

Sadly Smudge I dont think Cove will get their ground up to scratch.

If they were to get promoted would they want to go into Southern League South & West, their most likely destination?