Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hampton & Richmond Borough v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Town hit the road again this evening to face Hampton & Richmond Borough in the Ryman Premier League at the Beveree Stadium.

Can Town maintain their recent impressive form and make it three straight wins on the trot? We all hope so.

After our impressive performance at Leatherhead on Saturday, we face opponents currently five places below us in the RPL table, who have won two and lost four of their six home matches this season.

Brad has got Town on a roll and our guys have delivered some quality performances in recent matches. We created numerous chances against the Tanners on Saturday, and scored two fine goals to clinch the points. The Beavers' own form has improved recently, but there is every reason for optimism tonight, particularly if we assert ourselves from the start, keep it tight at the back, hit them hard on the break , and snap up the chances which will undoubtedly come our way.

Good luck everyone!  Enjoy the match.

' COME ON THE TOWN '

Tonights team

Nathan McDonald 1

Theo Jones 2

Joe Stevens 3

Ryan Doyle 4

Mark Kirby 5

Stanley Mugou 6

Tyler Campbell 7

Mitch Hahn 8

Jamie Richards 9

Corey Whitely 10

Michael Kalu 11

Jamie Smyth 12

Stephen Hamilton-Forbes 14

Bradley Quinton 15

Phil Kane 16

Luke Illsley 17

New signing on the bench ex Watford midfield player S Hamilton-Forbes

1-0 FT. Worked hard last night but outplayed by a spirited HRBFC performance. McDonald was superb and man of the match by far for me. FA cup Saturday - onwards and upwards! COYT!

Much debate on the question of MoM among the judging panel. Can you give the award to a goalkeeper who has made numerous fine saves (including from a penalty he conceded himself) but whose error led to the game's only goal? We were agreed, though, that no-one else deserved it.

When Ryan Doyle's penalty hit both posts very hard it was obvious that it wasn't our day.

Although the keeper made some great saves how many more games is he going to cost us three points.!!!!

I thought it was a disjointed performance due to injuries and suspensions.

But credit where its due the boys did keep battling until the final whistle but it was never going to be our night.

Hampton are a good side and I think they like ourselves will start climbing the table soon.

That is always the way with goalies. One mistake costs the game. However Doyle's penalty miss also cost us the game. The number of chances not put away cost us the game. Hampton wanted it more than us and to make so many changes to a side always costs rhythm. I thought that Nathan deserved the mom as he kept us in the game when the rest of the team were so disjointed.

I didn't see the match, so it is hard to comment. The result is disappointing, after a fine performance last Saturday, but HRBFC is never an easy fixture, but I was hopeful we might snatch a draw. Noting the comments on changes, due to injuries and suspensions, wondered if anyone knows if the player availability situation is likely to improve before we face Eastbourne Borough on Saturday?

Anyone signed last night can't play in this round of the cup anyway.

7 days for FA competitions.

Archived