Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

£8 for an adult to watch CCL Premier Division football?

Lazy Sod

I am surprised at grown men worrying about a pound more to get in!

Consider it as our parachute payment lol

Beano makes a good point, bills have stayed the same or increased. We have stayed the same price for 5 years! Perhaps people need to realise how difficult it is to keep football clubs running. The costs are mad. Refs and linos, floodlights, boardroom hospitality etc. We are doing our best to keep our prices as low as possible.

Not sure who Smudge is but after reading some of the comments on here I am surprised he is welcome at any club!

Our beer isn't expensive, perhaps he needs a whip around from everyone? I'll chuck a quid in a bucket for smudge!

The fact is we are a friendly club with a warm welcome, draught beer and one of the best burgers you can get. Although Knappers burgers last week we fantastic!

Cheer up everyone and let's concentrate on the football!

Dan

Dan,Clubs welcome me with open arms in the CCL,and I don't do  Charity,so suggest you fill your bucket with ice,tip it over yourself.Have also paid my Entrance Fee at the full price,since becoming a supporter of the CCL,Bought programmes,Food,and a fair few Beers.I stand my corner,but £8 is a ludicrous amount at Step 5 Level,can I ask the Concession rate?

Peter.

I have done the ice bucket already,Smudge and bloomin cold it was too. :) I do a lot for charity..... But I don't like to talk about it. :)

I would think quite a few CCL prem clubs are kicking themselves for not at least charging £7 this season. Perhaps CCL clubs have fallen behind with entrance fees?

As I understand, concessions are a fiver, kids are free with a paying adult or 2 quid if on there on there own.

My bucket however is always half full, not empty!

I would think quite a few CCL prem clubs are kicking themselves for not at least charging £7 this season. Perhaps CCL clubs have fallen behind with entrance fees?

I'm not a complete geek, honest, but I've always kept an eye on attendances and entry fees in non-league.

The CCL haven't fallen behind other step 5 leagues. £5 and £6 is still the most common price nationwide. The Kent (Southern Counties East) League teams have mostly moved to £7 and the Eastern Counties and Essex also started going that way last season. Seems the CCL is now as well. It'll probably take a couple of years to filter west and north but, by then, the £8's will be getting more common at step 5.

There are always people moaning about certain clubs charging more than others at the same level - St. Albans charging £12 at step 3 and £15 at step 2 for example - but that's what you get in a capitalist society. If it doesn't affect their attendances, all well and good, if it does it's their problem to sort out.

You have three options. Go, don't go or start an anarchist revolution (let me know if you do this - I'm in).

**edited cos I can't spell**

Edited by VPCTFC

Twitter has been busy today with the news that Ashford Town (Middx) charge £8 for adults and £2 for children this season. I wonder what the Forumites have to say about this.

Old Newes.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/topic/180990-2014-15-admission-prices/

As I said on the link/topic above £8 + £2 for a programe is to much to pay to watch a CCL game in my opinion but thats just my opinion.

Not sure about the true figures but charging more is not always good.

Staines Lammas had 155 in the FA CUP @ £5 = £775

Ashford had 82 in the FA CUP @ £8 = £656

What does that prove? Nothing. Staines Lammas were playing on a Friday evening against local rivals Bedfont Sports, Ashford played on the Saturday against Berkhamsted, how do you compare the two? I've done a comparison for two league matches below.

Sat 2 Aug, Ashford v Cove, 135 @ £8 = £1080

Sat 9 Aug, Staines Lammas v Farleigh Rovers, 18 @ £5 = £90

See how figures can be interpreted anyway you want to?

I am more than willing to pay £8 for entrance for me and my son. We want to support the team and the club and if it costs £8, then so be it.

They can indeed,

Ashford 2nd August att 135

Ashford 12th August att 101

Ashford 16th August att 72

Be interesting to see what todays local derby brought in,as it seems from the above,that punters are already voting with their feet.

155 @ £5 is not quite right, we have oap at £2 plus the kids go free, then there are people from other clubs that do not pay as they have a pass.

At the end of the day it's up to Ashford what they charge, and if you want to pay it then do so and if you do not then don't, we all have a choice.

This Friday against Barton Rovers we will charging £5 entry and kids go free, plus £2 for a programme.

Be interesting to see what todays local derby brought in,as it seems from the above,that punters are already voting with their feet.

According to the club Twitter feed, the attendance this morning was 175.

It's simple

True supporters of non league will pay 6 8 10 etc etc to give their club a fighting chance of paying all villa including budget

A llot of guys in here moan about sugar daddies and big investment and they also moan about entrance fees

I for one could probably get in to most non league grounds on a freebie but I always decline and pay regardless of the cost cos after all it is my choice if I go or not

Pointless thread

As someone who is more of a groundhopper these days, I do think £8 is too much at Step 4. I'm used to paying £6 at that level and I watch games all round the country now. When I'm at Step 4 I'd expect to pay £8 and so on. If I went to Ashford (and I do plan to soon) I won't balk at paying £8 but I might just spend less inside the ground - I tend to buy prog, food and drink usually.

When clubs go up a level they up their prices so when they get relegated, why not charge less? They will often have lower travel expenses, lower player expenses, lower official expenses.

The original post mentioned park football as if that is a million miles away from this level of football. On some days, at some grounds, it isn't!