Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Must take our chances

Rich.m

Weve all been here before in this league, tonight again proved we must take our chances, we started at a frantic pace and created 3 or 4 chances but to no avail....then hit by harrows first clear cut chance.

Good shift put in and craig gambled going 3 up to but it wasnt to be tonight

T'was like watching two different games, from 1st half to 2nd.

Not sure how we missed so many chances in the 1st half, Another night and they would have gone in i suppose, 

It was a bit frantic but once they scored they just killed the game. 

Pick ourselves up and have a rest before Saturday. 

Not a bad turn out for a Monday night 

Key moments in the game were the early miss from Benjamin and then our effort hitting the post just after they scored. If either of them had gone in I think we may have won. Second half we were too anxious and keen to lump the ball forward quickly - we needed a lot more composure - We've only conceded 3 goals in 4 games yet only have six points from 12 which is a shame especially going into a very tough game Saturday. Looking at the video, the lino's decision to rule out Sheehan's effort looks a really terrible one - but unfortunately that's what we have to contend with at this level.

I think even from the limited amount we've seen so far in pre-season and the games to date we need to make changes/additions in a couple of areas. Hopefully we'll do it soon while it's all relatively painless.

We played well against the better sides last season - hopefully we'll give Margate a good run for their (mega) money at the weekend. COYB!

Despite the " quality" players we have at our disposal, if we are to make the play-offs, we will have to learn to deal with teams like Harrow.

What they lacked in "quality", they made up for with commitment and endeavour. They didn't let us settle and closed us down very quickly - hence us lumping the ball forwards on many occasions. It wasn't an enjoyable spectacle but for an away performance they did a perfect "number" on us.

The lads will learn from this experience and hopefully put it into practice down at Margate !!!!

COYB

Would also help not having a bunch of Trumpets for officials, I've got the hump even more now I have seen the (offside goal)  these are given week in week out and as for the penalty how the clown didn't give it i'll never know you won't see many more nailed on pens this year.

We were never going to get anything from those officials last night. What annoys me even more, is the lack of responsibility taken by Referees Assistants, who are often in a better position to make a call.  Last night at New Lodge and at Turf Moor, the referees were behind the action, and made wrong decisions on penalty calls, when the RA's were closer.

Disappointing result and second half performance especially after playing so well at Lewes. Convinced that had Junior Appiah stayed on and not been subbed we may have salvaged a point (should Ryan Scott have started?).

We need to learn to graft out results when we've gone behind or in tight games. We really should be sitting here unbeaten in our opening 4 games.

Here's a stat! in our last 92 league games, we've drawn just 17!

Too anxious to get the ball up to the front men and not enough composure on the ball through the midfield and up front gave the impression we were chasing the game from the 1st minute of the second half. As well as poor officials that appeared to protect the opposition and ignore the fact they were as physical and in some cases more so. I can't remember how many times we were penalised for pushing yet their centre back constantly was palming our players off the ball.

There has always been a lack of accountability and responsibility where the match officials are concerned. Not only from some muppets officiating the match but also from the officials at a higher level...

Still, it is early days. You don't lose anything in four games (you don't win anything either) and the season takes ten to fifteen games to settle down. We have plenty of time to look at our weaknesses and correct them. One would consider that these will be little tweaks and not wholesale changes.

Onwards and upwards to Margate....

Archived