Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The late night rant to end all rants.

Smudge

Well I'm not his friend and I'll tell you this - he's got problems.

The pendulum swings between loving people and things to hating the very same just ain't normal.

Would not want you as a Friend,you are already my best stalker.

Dont normally comment on smudges late nite rants but on this occasion I will.

Ellers fantastic for Lammas and continually puts support and obtains funding for a local non league club it would be easy for him to do what you do Smudge which is turn up get pissed then spout shit late at night. Try being a part of a club rather than telling everyone how to run theirs.

Totally out of order about about NUT and I hope you appologise to him.

Ian and Simon were probably told by Snowie on who to play so wrong again and what is the issue about no forumites being there and a go at Alan and others.

You have gone too far on this occasion and I hope you wake up full of remorse and if you cannot change your ways then maybe it is best that you and the CCL do part company

The only thing I do regret/remorse in mentioning Nut 250 in any context on this thread,unaware that he was seriously ill,I have rung your home number and mobile to get his number,as I wish to speak to him personally.Could you or anyone pm me it.

Say what you will, but in all seriousness Smudge, man up and apologise to Phil Ellery and his Committee.  I also feel you owe that to Lazaerus and his committee who as you know have other duties that they maybe attending to, so you should ask that first, and you may want to consider that Lazarus and others have a home life (well if time allows) so they may just want to stay in last night like Lazarus as HIS club Ashford are playing in the FA CUP today. 

I don't know about your home life,. nor do I wish to know, but other people have different agendas so they cannot always be like you.

At this level, I would imagine anyone associated with all the clubs do it for the love and voluntarily so you have no right to offend them as you have done. that is total disrespectful and hurtful 

You are not involved with any club, so do you know what it takes to run one ?  I doubt it.

Wake up and smell the coffee...now my rants over !

Peter may I call you that.Apologise to Lazurus and his Committee why?Never seen at games,a website that has CB Hounslow playing at Osterley rather than Bedfont and Feltham.The debacle over Eversley,as for running a Club,I had 6 years at Croydon Athletic helping out,so I do know what it takes to run a Club,no paperwork though.

Agree with duncs. Not defending the original post and i'm sure Smudge may regret it when he reads it again in the light of day, but as duncs says the Smudge we know is a decent bloke. Hopefully he will reflect and think a bit about when/what he posts in future, but I hope he stays involved.

Trevor,thanks for that bit of support,likewise to Paul D,and Graeme B.I'm not all Bad.

The previous Ashford groundsman has been fully paid up to the day he chose to leave.

Edited by SlimBoyFat

Peter may I call you that.Apologise to Lazurus and his Committee why?Never seen at games,a website that has CB Hounslow playing at Osterley rather than Bedfont and Feltham.The debacle over Eversley,as for running a Club,I had 6 years at Croydon Athletic helping out,so I do know what it takes to run a Club,no paperwork though.

Once again Smudge, you are talking nonsense.

I updated all the clubs details as soon as the new handbook was published and the club page for CB Hounslow quite clearly sates that they are playing at Bedfont and Feltham.

So maybe it's now time to end this sad thread.

I've also known Peter for some time and we do chat on the phone from time to time, putting the football world to rights.  As has been said by other people on here, he would be the first forum poster to help another forumite out if he could.

At least he has the nerve to say what he thinks, but maybe not quite so diplomatically as others of us.  You may not agree with some of his views but you should defend his right to express them.

I'm sure that if he feels any apologies are due to specific people, he is more than man enough to do so privately.

'Here Endeth The Sunday Lesson  !!"

Gareth did Ashford Town not knock the previous Groundsman out of Money Owed.

No, Peter, they didn't. The club also did not "dismiss" the previous groundsman, as you alleged in your original post. The truth has been pointed out to you elsewhere on this thread by someone who (unlike me, these days) has a full and detailed knowledge of the running of the club.

You can't sling false accusations around on a public forum. Your original post insulted three clubs, the CCL Board and Management Committee and countless individuals. Any number of them could potentially accuse you of Libel, which is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as

A published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation:

Threads like this don't do anyone any good, least of all you. And I'll say it again, the subject line shows that you knew what you were doing when you posted, which means you were actively trying to upset people. What does that say about you? 

I updated all the clubs details as soon as the new handbook was published and the club page for CB Hounslow quite clearly sates that they are playing at Bedfont and Feltham.

Mal suggest you look at the Fixtures page,where most people look,if they are going to a game of Football,it clealy states Osterley Sports Ground,so not utter nonsense

Mal suggest you look at the Fixtures page,where most people look,if they are going to a game of Football,it clealy states Osterley Sports Ground,so not utter nonsense

That's an issue with The FA's Full-Time software, as opposed to the League Website itself, so could well be out of Mal's control.

No, Peter, they didn't. The club also did not "dismiss" the previous groundsman, as you alleged in your original post. The truth has been pointed out to you elsewhere on this thread by someone who (unlike me, these days) has a full and detailed knowledge of the running of the club.

You can't sling false accusations around on a public forum. Your original post insulted three clubs, the CCL Board and Management Committee and countless individuals. Any number of them could potentially accuse you of Libel, which is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as

Threads like this don't do anyone any good, least of all you. And I'll say it again, the subject line shows that you knew what you were doing when you posted, which means you were actively trying to upset people. What does that say about you? 

Oh POTENTIAL libel now is it Gareth,suggest the people concerned take action.

Oh POTENTIAL libel now is it Gareth,suggest the people concerned take action.

You've quite clearly libeled Ashford Town (Middlesex) Football Club Limited by making false accusations about the conduct of the company. However, I doubt very much that any action will be taken, short of publicly correcting the utter nonsense you have spouted on this thread.

Frankly, the costs involved in pursuing any action would be prohibitive and not a good use of the club's time, money and energy.  The reason I mentioned libel in my last post was to try and point out to you that, if you keep posting rants of this kind, eventually someone will decide to take you on. You may also find that the welcome you receive on your travels around the CCL gets progressively less and less warm. 

Mal316 I take you that you have VOLUNTEERED to do the CCL website in your own valuable time ?

IF that is the case Mal316, may I suggest you ask Smudge to take over the CCL website duties so he can make it upto his standard in his own time, voluntarily of course, then if its not upto your standard, you can complain to him. 

Smudge, no you cannot call me Peter 'cos thats not my name, and I'd thank you for that.

Smudge you must understand that people have their own agenda's in life and its not ALL football !  You do not know what the CCL Committee duties are so why do you keep knocking them.  I reiterate, if you think you can do a better job then apply for a job with the CCL and see what it takes before critisising them, but then again would they accept you !

You follow and support whoever your grandson plays for which is fine, so just stick to watching a game and have a laugh after and stop moaning about everything !

Most Ppople work at CCL clubs voluntarily to help make clubs survive, so instead of degrading these personnel, perhaps applaud them for what they do at the best of their ability.