Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harrow v Town

seemgee

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS BELOW 

Was it or wasn't it a penalty?  see from 4m 50secs

I still can't make my mind up....Ryan's hand was above his head which is probably why the referee gave it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSv7acnGaQ&feature=youtu.be

As soon as the guy shot the hand was up above his face. He was not looking at the ball but he made no attempt to bring his hand down. His left hand is protecting his face and, if the ball had hit that hand I would have complained about the penalty. As it is the right hand is not protecting anything (the ball was going over Ryan's head) and, whether consciously or not, stopped the attempt on goal.

Definite penalty the ref was right.

How is Joe Stevens? Anybody know.

If you saw the performance of the official you might understand the frustrations.

I don't think that the ref had a poor game. And as for George he was quite restrained in comparison to the Harrow bench who were trying to intimidate the ref throughout the first half.

As for the new players. Stanley looks the part and will be an important member of the squad. I have yet to make up my mind about the goalie but he had a better game than against Kingstonian and his defence was far better in front of him. I think that the defence is sorted and will get better as they play together. It is other areas of the game that are a problem.

I am concerned about the number 7 on Tuesday who does not look like he is up to premier standards 2 very poor corners and an inability to travel with the ball or to pass more than ten yards does not demonstrate to me a star in the making though he may improve.

As for Kirbs up front. I felt that George delayed his substitution too long. Hope should have been on at half time either for Kirbs or, the eventual substitution, number 7. Kirbs lacks movement at present, he rarely even won a header against the number 5, and that may be down to lack of match fitness. Without Gio or Lee White alongside him at the back I do worry if he was moved to that position as lack of pace at the back would concern me even more than it does now. As it is Kirbs would not be in my starting line up until he has demonstrated his fitness. For most of the game we were playing with 9 effective players against 11 from Harlow but even then we held them to 0-0 for over 60% of the game.

When Hope came on towards the end of the game he demonstrated his ability to find space, be a target man and work with other members of the team. It is true that his heading ability is not his strength but then neither was it Kirbs on Tuesday.

From looking at the video, it didn't look an overly disproportionate reaction to a controvertial and crucial penatly award.A group of about five players question/argue against the penatly decision.Most teams would/do react the same way in the same situation.Whether that reaction should be stamped out by the FA and referees is one question to ask.But as football stands at the moment,it seemed a natural reaction to a majorly dissapointing game changing decision.

I agree Steph. Kirby appears to be much better in the air when at the back than up front (it is a different skill).

Hope has to play as he is our main goal threat and last season worked well alongside Corey. Neil Cousins looked good in pre season also and deserves his chance when he's back from injury. Where is Jamie Richards?

I wasn't impressed with the number 7 either and agree Stanley looks a good signing.

Pace at the back is a worry but Kirby has been and still is our best centre half and therefore we need to match other players to his strengths and weaknesses.

It's a long season and some patience is required!

I think we are not far off from a decent performance and team. New players take time to get used to playing systems and with each other etc

I predict a win on Saturday and then onwards and upwards.

From looking at the video, it didn't look an overly disproportionate reaction to a controvertial and crucial penatly award.A group of about five players question/argue against the penatly decision.Most teams would/do react the same way in the same situation.Whether that reaction should be stamped out by the FA and referees is one question to ask.But as football stands at the moment,it seemed a natural reaction to a majorly dissapointing game changing decision.

Five or six players argue with the referee! More than argue. FA instruct referees to yellow card and then red card as per laws of the game. That would soon stop this. However, supporters and clubs would then complain. Lose, lose situation.

Archived