Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

August 2nd the BIG KICK OFF !!!!!!!!!!

Smudge

Only a few hours left before the big day,cannot wait to be honest.

I am going to stay local and watch Farleigh Rovers v Ash United at Parsonage Field,in the first of my groundhopping bonanza.I will post a report for you all to read later tomorrow evening.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL CCL CLUBS,PLAYERS,MATCH OFFICIALS,HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

Dorking of cause kicked off tonight at the New Defence where they were beaten by Epsom Athletic 5-4.

Hope to see you at horley cheering us on at some point this season smudgey.

He doesn't tend to cheer much these days, as it causes him to spill his beer !!

:bolt:

Farleigh Rovers 1 v 1 Ash Utd

Farleigh Rovers-------------Ash Utd

1. A. Osei                    1. A. Rider

2. D. Canning               2.J. Cooper

3. G. Webb                  3. J. Thomas            

4. M. Dell                     4. C. Barnes

5. A. Cassim (capt)      5. J. Griggs (capt) 

6. J. Brown                   6. M.Watson

7. J. Naraine                 7. M.O'Reilly

8. J. Jagdeo                  8. D. Moore

9. D.MacDiarmid           9. B. Dainton

10.T. Moffat                  10.J.Coleman

11.E. Burke                   11.D.Cox

12.S. Blowers                12.P. Brown

14. L. Neaves                14. M.White

15 V. Druce                    15.D.MC.

16 T. Murch                    16. M.Hayler

17. M. Smith

Referee K.Slaughter 9,Ass.I.Brash 9,Ass.A.Adrien 6.

Benches--Both very well behaved

Yellows, Farleigh  4  Ash 1

Entrance Fee £3 including prog.Cheeseburger £2 good,Carling £3 a pint excellent.

The game.

Not the best you will ever see,but passion in abundance from both sides,made for an exciting game,however Ash should of been 3 up inside 10 mins,2 1 one  on 1's with the keeper,were blazed over the bar,and the other went well wide.Ash took the lead after a shot from the edge of the box,was only parried by Ozei,to the Ash Forward,leaving an easy tap in.Both teams were creating little up front,however both Left Backs were having mares,in my opinion Webb should of been subbed,and Thomas booked for 2 fouls on Narane,neither happened.

H/T 0-1

The second half started with neither side making any substitutions.However the game became a little more feisty with constant stoppages for fouls by both sides,which led to a rash of bookings.The thing that I hate most now in this level of football,that Ash players tried on 3 occassions,is a tackle is made,and the player wriths on the ground as though they are shot,broken bones etc,yet moments later they are as right as rain.However their time wasting was to be their downfall,as finally Farleigh made a substitution bringing on Neaves at L/B for Webb.What an impact he made,a sweet left foot, balls were being delivered into the areas that hurt,and Ash were now on the backfoot.The hard working MacDiarmid was replaced by Smith,who I thought should of started as he is a proven goalscorer,but alas moments after coming on,he missed a sitter with his head from close range.Much stick taken.However all was not lost for the Foxes on 92 mins the far side lino,who was having his first game I believe,signalled for a corner from the farthest point away from the ball.It definitely was a throw in,but Neaves delivered an excellent ball,that was powerfully headed home by Cassim,much to the delight of the Home Fans 1-1 game over.

Enjoyed a good afternoon out with Young Veteran,Neavsey,Scotty,had a nice chat and beer with Keith after the game,but most thanks go out to Peter Collard who welcomed me,and looked after me all afternoon,Cheers Mate.

Archived