Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THURROCK 1 HORNCHURCH 2

Dagger03

I have listed the newly signed players, and also some of the trialists, at the foot of this report.

Saturday 26-July-2014

THURROCK  1  HORNCHURCH  2

TFC – Andy Walker – Lewis Clark – Remi Sutton – Rob Gilman – Simon King – Greig Stewart – Brad Warner – Lewwis Spence © - Lamar Reynolds – Charlie Stimson – Jake Paxman

Subs – Jordan Clark – Tarik Moore-Azile – James Goode – Robert Clark – Connor Martin – Callum Ibe – Fraser Williams – John Osa

HFC – FH - Sam Mott – Phil Starkey – Alex Bentley – Junior Luke – Omar Beckles – Frankie Curley © - Joey May – Tom Davis – Elyon Marshall-Katung – George Purcell – Junior Dadson

HFC – SH - Sam Mott – Phil Starkey (Courtney Homans 63) – Alex Bentley – Junior Luke (Nahum Green 82) – Omar Beckles (Elliot Styles 53) – Frankie Curley © (Jamie Hursit 80) - Joey May (Dan Thomas 85) – Tom Davis (Frank Griffin 68)  – Elyon Marshall-Katung (Martin Tuohy 61) – George Purcell (Tobi Joseph 68) – Junior Dadson (Chris Bourne 65)

Scorers – Luke 60 (H) – Stimson 71 (T) – Tuohy 81 (H)

On a day when temperature approached 30 degrees both teams started slowly, and although Hornchurch had most of the territorial play, Thurrock had the firsr scoring chance when Sam Mott made a very good save from Lamar Reynolds.

On ten minutes Marshall-Katung was tripped in the area, George Purcell stepped up to take the penalty, only for the ball to cannon back off the post.

Joey May had a scoring chance but scuffed his shot, whilst Tom Davis hit a long-range drive over the bar following a good build-up involving Curley, May and Dadson. Davis again went close with a shot which was saved by Walker.

Thurrock almost opened the scoring when they were awarded a free kick about ten yards outside the area. Warner played the ball short to Spence whose hard drive was tipped over the bar by Sam Mott.

Both sides made changes throughout the second half and Hornchurch began to force the pace.

Joey May played a long ball up field and George Purcell ran on, only for his shot to be well saved by Andy Walker. Purcell had another opportunity shortly afterwards but his shot went over the bar from a difficult angle.

Elliot Styles came on for Omar Beckles, and a minute later headed narrowly over the bar from a well flighted corner on the right.

A good move involving Marshall-Katung and Junior Luke ended when Purcell hit the resulting cross over the bar, and Hornchurch took the lead when Junior Luke cut in from the right to fire the ball home.

Thurrock drew level when a well-flighted shot from outside the area by Charlie Stimson dipped under the bar.

Chris Bourne was creating openings in the home defence and it was from his cross that Martin Tuohy poked the ball into the net from close range to restore the lead.

Sam Mott made the save of the match shortly afterwards, when he dived to tip a first time shot from outside the area over the bar.

Omar Beckles - Millwall (youth), Bristol City (youth), Glenn Hoddle Academy (Jerez Industrial - Spain), Boreham Wood Nov-11, Kettering Town 2012-13, Boreham Wood, Billericay Town Feb-13, Histon Jul-13, Margate Mar-14 (dual registration - 13 / --) – Hornchurch

Tom Davis - Fulham (youth), Gravesend & Northfleet 2004, St. Alban's City 2005, Lewes 2007, Wimbledon 2008, Dover Athletic, Croydon Athletic 2009-10 (4 / 0), Bromley, Dorking Wanderers, Sutton Utd 2010-11 (37 / 4), Carshalton Athletic 2011-12 (25 / 3), Woking (loan), Tonbridge, Chelmsford City 2013

Junior Dadson - Blackburn Rovers 2005-06 and 2006-07, Halifax Sept to Oct-2007 (2 / 0), Potters Bar Town Sept-07 to Jan-09, Aveley Jan-09 to June-10, Boreham Wood Aug to Oct-10 (10 / --), Billericay Town Nov-10 to Jan-11, Aveley Jan to July-11, Bishop's Stortford July-11 to Aug-12 (38 / --), Billericay Town Aug-12 to Jan-13, Aveley Jan to Aug-13, Harlow 2013-14 – Hornchurch

Junior Luke -  Potters Bar, Dulwich Hamlet, Leyton 2007-08 (18 / 0), Potters Bar 2007-08 and 2008-09 (16 / 1), Leyton 2008-09 (18 / 2), Waltham Forest, Thurrock, Leyton 2009-10 (9 / 0), Waltham Forest, Maldon 2009-10 (4 / 0), Brentwood 2009-10 (12 / 0), Billericay 2010-11 (24 / 0), Waltham Forest 2010-11 (8 / 0), Billericay 2011-12 (23 / 3), Maldon 2011-12 (loan - & / 2), Billericay 2012-13 and 2013-14 – Hornchurch

Tobi Joseph – Stevenage - Hornchurch (youth) - Nike Academy, Hayes & Yeading 2012-13 (18 / 4), Ostersunds 2013 (11 / 3), Braga 2013 (12 / 3) (both Sweden) - Hornchurch March-13 but international clearance not received - Hornchurch June-13

Sam Mott – Ebbsfleet Utd 2006-07, Whitstable Town (loan), Croydon Athletic (loan), Welling Utd 2013-14, Thamesmead - Hornchurch - England 'C' international

Callum Chafer, Jamie Hursit and Martynas Saltenis were all with Barking Abbey who were the Hornchurch youth team last season.

Triallists

Nahum Green - Burgess Hill July-2012, Metropolitan Police 2012-13, Kettering Town Dec-2012, Aylesbury Utd

Frank Griffin – Thurrock 2012-13, Erith & Belvedere Sep-2013

Courtney Homans – WHU U18

Okwute Izuchukwu - trials at Fulham FC, Aalborg BK and FC Copenhagen and I also received a call up to the Nigerian U16 squad. I earned a professional contract with Stirling Albion at 15 years of age. I am a extremely versatile player with my preference being as a winger or central midfield however I have been regularly deployed in central defence and as a forward. I am 19 years of age, 6'3 (191cm), 82kg and my stronger foot is my right.

Elyon Marshall-Katung ex-Orient, VCD, Cray Wanderers.

Emmanuel Oloyede – Knaphill (Woking) 2013-14, Farnborough Town, Horsham

George Whitelock - Clapton Jan to July-2013, Margate from July-13 to Feb-14, Aveley Feb to march 2014, and Thamesmead from March 2014.

For information - players who were with HFC at the end of last season.

Leigh Bremner – to VCD Athletic

Billy Coyne – to Aveley

Inigo Echepare – to Dulwich Hamlet

Tambeson Eyong – to Dover

Jamie Folkes – to Tonbridge

Rickie Hayles – to Lowestoft

Stefan Payne – to Dover

Danny Phillips – not known

Dave Rainford – to Tottenham Hotspur (coaching)

Carl Rook – to Leatherhead

Michael Spencer – to Thamesmead

Adriano Varnier – not known

Archived