Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

maidstone are worried

dannyriding

who's Grammer ? did not know we have signed a German player unless it's Franz Grammer.....TB kept that secret, that's why we did not use him yesterday secret weapon for when we play you...   

Just a general question, how on Earth are you expecting to 'fly' through the leagues with the ground you occupy? How much money is your owner willing to spunk on the ground to enable it's worthy for Conference standard? As it stands, you only have 3 sides of the ground available for spectators to stand and watch the football. I hear that there are plans to replace the porta cabins, but hasn't that been the case for 15 years?

You may well be celebrating the league already, but there's a long long way to go until you gain an established club status. Personally, I thought your chairman should have invested in the cricket club rather than the mockery of a football ground up the road.

Just a general question, how on Earth are you expecting to 'fly' through the leagues with the ground you occupy? How much money is your owner willing to spunk on the ground to enable it's worthy for Conference standard? As it stands, you only have 3 sides of the ground available for spectators to stand and watch the football. I hear that there are plans to replace the porta cabins, but hasn't that been the case for 15 years?

You may well be celebrating the league already, but there's a long long way to go until you gain an established club status. Personally, I thought your chairman should have invested in the cricket club rather than the mockery of a football ground up the road.

ok again I'll bite........... If you are going to start a healthy debate on whether we can/cannot do what our new chairman has stated he wants us to do then the way to start said debate would be as with  any normal discussion :-

1. Introduce yourself

2. Ask in a non-derogatory manner your question

3. wait for a (hopefully adequate) reply  to your question.

As you've  asked a question Im hoping the following replies will suit:-

1. "How much  is our Chairman willing to "spunk" in order get it through to Conference standard....."

Ask the chairman cos we dont know and frankly its none of your business anyways - simples

2.  "we are celebrating winning the league now apparently.........."

There is an enthusiastic buzz around the club as Im sure you are no doubt aware TB has assembled a very good side for       the Ryman Premier League for the forth coming 2014/2015 season....... so we are optimistic to say the least.

3.   "Theres a long way to go until we attain an established club status....."

Established in 1896.............. thats pretty established in my book :)

4.  "The mockery of a football club we support"

Your opinion and frankly thats not worth diddly squat to us :)

Re state of the ground. I may be wrong... But... Aren't their more 'seats' at hartsdown than the Gallagher now? I know the ground as whole differs but... More space for development around h/d which IS in pipeline ... Loads a park space... Decent car park... Near to rail station and new bus stop... Hmm just a few pointers I'm sure there r more!!!

Re state of the ground. I may be wrong... But... Aren't their more 'seats' at hartsdown than the Gallagher now? I know the ground as whole differs but... More space for development around h/d which IS in pipeline ... Loads a park space... Decent car park... Near to rail station and new bus stop... Hmm just a few pointers I'm sure there r more!!!

If having a bit of scaffolding behind a goal counts, then yes, lots more seats. We also actually fill our stadium week in week out.

Our ground is kept clean and tidy and is currently being repainted as it always is at the start of every season -foul language remarks such as those coming from this gentlemen require the attention of the moderator methinks. Suggest discontinue posting on this thread as he clearly has a problem

he's just a wind up merchant looking for a response he knows very little about the club so presumes this and that to spark up a reply. We get them every so often and they disappear after a few days when their bored....best ignore the..... :Forum_Troll_v1:  

Maidstone should be cracking it though,not just from margate but the fact that it still looks like they won't be able go up this season.

Unless a decision is made before the start of the season,then it should be a given that they can't go up with that pitch.

For what it's worth,I think that pitch should be allowed,although saying that,I can see both points of view.But once the season starts the boundaries shouldn't be changed.

Also on the pitch,while they are a decent side,they are in a group of around 7-8 sides who will probably be chasing Margate but while their crowds could be an advantage,I would expect them to dwindle slightly unless the pitch gets the ok and some players will obviously turn them down without the promise of promotion

Maidstone should be cracking it though,not just from margate but the fact that it still looks like they won't be able go up this season.

Unless a decision is made before the start of the season,then it should be a given that they can't go up with that pitch.

For what it's worth,I think that pitch should be allowed,although saying that,I can see both points of view.But once the season starts the boundaries shouldn't be changed.

Also on the pitch,while they are a decent side,they are in a group of around 7-8 sides who will probably be chasing Margate but while their crowds could be an advantage,I would expect them to dwindle slightly unless the pitch gets the ok and some players will obviously turn them down without the promise of promotion

The pitch and no realistic hope of promotion is one of the reasons Matt Bodkin probably went there - plays the ball on the floor but has no wish to be promoted cos lets face it got his own fitness business and with all due respect to the guy will start aching just that little bit more now.  As regards Maidstone they have a fantastic cachement area and to be fair the best following (numbers wise) in our league with a great business model.  The real test will be around the jan/feb time as normally the league has settled and the top six will be there or there abouts - only time will tell.  

With a wage bill of £17k a week it's hard to look past Margate. They paid a £24k signing on fee for a recent signing (£1.7k pw)! Having said that it's not just them. The Greenwich Borough manager has gone full time on £30k a year with their goalkeeper on £250 pw with a £25 pw clean sheet bonus on top of that. How they can pay that on crowds of approximately 6 people is beyond me.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds#ixzz38CUfanUh

I really would love to know why people pick a number out of the ether and publish that as absolute truth when the more likely scenario is they "have'nt got a scooby doo"  and are guestimating............... If or should MFC decide to publish their wage bills or their signing on fees the last person to see them would be half-wits like this plonker named SNITCH