Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL PREDICTIONS 2014-2015

That is the one mate.  Don't get to play there very much as in the 3rds if I play !!!

Reckon you did well remembering that far back though ;)

• 2 months later...

Normally you usually have run away CCL Prem. champions decided in January/February but of late the CCL has become a stronger and much more close affair.

This coming season is one of the strongest CCL league its had, much more so than last season which can only be good for the league and its member clubs. So will there be a run away club who everyone has to chase ?  I don't think so, but each season brings its surprise club .  All clubs are all capable of beating each other more than ever.

Now the constitution is finalsed and without knowing each clubs squads, I see that any 1 from 12 could be contenders for that champions crown, it could be that close and the regular 4-7 loses per season to be champions maybe extended this season.

To be considered as Champions after last season:

The usual suspects  Camberley, E&E, Windsor, Molesey, Hanworth Villa

New contenders:       Westfield, Cove, Hartley Wintney

Newcomers:              Guildford, Ashford, Spelthorne Sports, Chertsey

Camberley were a surprise package last season and credit to them, but clubs now know how they play the long ball so I see clubs combating their style better this season.

E&E Rich mentions that they have had players leave them so will be going thru' a transitional period this season so stability is the main goal altho' I think thats a red herring Rich ....!!! 

Windsor will be thereabouts but need to improve on their squad to achieve this, which can be said for many clubs such as Westfield, Molesey, Hartley Cove and Hanworth Villa but of this group some did not apply to be promoted if champions ! 

Cove finshed the best of this group with a great run-in having the momentum, so can they keep the same players to maintain that ?, Westfield were always thereabouts, and with a new manager, will they improve or need a settleing in season?  Hartley had a slump after their cup ventures but regained their winning run but left it too late,same with Hanworth Villa who are under new management, so could that upset the balance they have had over the last few seasons or improve them ? Molesey were below standard, underachieved and had a poor season, so don't expect them to have the same next season

Then the newcomers, The new Chertsey manager Kim Harris should entice so called Ryman standard players to drop a level but will their budget allow that ?  Having said that Corinthian Casuals never paid money, so its a case of convincing players to play in te CCL.which Harris has the ability. Neverthess, reading tabloids Chertsey have openly admitted that they have no real ambition to get promotion next season and stability is the brief for Harris.

Raynor returns to CCL after an unhappy time at Rymans Chipstead and Guildford last season in the Southern league South & West Div. and has already voiced his opinion that they Guildford will be champions on their website !  Personally, I think that they were glad to get relegated, in hope that they win the CCL this time round for the 3rd time and go into the more acceptable Southern League Central Div. So providing Raynor mainatins his budget and can keep most of his 2 championship winning squad, they are real contenders.   

Ashfords Manager Ben Murray starts their pre-season only today, These are an unknown quantity and depends if Murray can keep much of last seasons squad to push for the champions spot.  I think a season in the CCL is what Ashford want, regroup and go for it next season along the lines of Chertsey.

Finally Spelthorne Sports the ''team'' of last season.  An amazing achievement having said that, CCL Prem is alot stronger than CCL Div. 1 in my opinion, so it will not be the same as last season. Momentum and confidence is great for winning games and achieving success but what if they start the season poorly ?  

I,m thinking that there could be a surprise club relegated this season away from the usual suspects....but who ?  I'm not sure but its a strong league where any one club can beat the other on their day.

So all in all its a tough prediction, so I will stick my neck out and go for either Guildford or  : Chertsey but it will be a close run thing........................I hope !

Ha ha so 1/4 of the season gone and my predictions Guildford & Chertsey so far don't seem to be doing the business.

I am VERY SURPRISED about Guildford, let alone promotion, they're looking like relegation fodder at the moment ! 

Only thing right so far its a tight affair............at the moment !

My prediction for next season is

Bad guy will wind up and get the bite he wants from certain individuals

Duncs wlll still go and support Ash

Smudge will pop up somewhere and continue to be a good supporter if non league football

I won't be involved at any club

And I will defo be having a double cheeseburger with my mate Kroons at Cambo and Windsor Ram at Windsor

All of those will be 100% correct

Who can beat that ????????

Weeble,Duncs is now a Frimley Man,and I have not been to a Non League game for over 2 months.Hence no Late night Rants.Retired Hurt.

Weeble,Duncs is now a Frimley Man,and I have not been to a Non League game for over 2 months.Hence no Late night Rants.Retired Hurt.

I aint been to Frimley for a while I been working on saturdays its funny i still look for Ash results first,maybe one day weebs but not at the moment,mind you my mate Tommo is managing the baggy boys so I will go and watch them soon.

I would expect to see an upturn in Hanworth Villas fortunes, who current lie bottom of the CCL Premier, due to the recent arrival of Ex: Egham and Chipstead Manager John Hamsher.  Not necessarily a good start losing aginst Windsor but I'm sure we will soon see them come good.

Cannot be good news for Guildford City who have played 2 games more than Hanworth and 1 more to other clubs in the relegation zone........but still along way to go ;)  !

Looked to me like Hanworth were struggling for fitness. There were some tight shirts out there on Saturday - and a number in their ranks were blowing hard after 15 mins.

Their keeper had an excellent game - could easily have been 5 or 6 without him.

It might take a few weeks to turn it around.

Edited by Rother

Normally you usually have run away CCL Prem. champions decided in January/February but of late the CCL has become a stronger and much more close affair.

This coming season is one of the strongest CCL league its had, much more so than last season which can only be good for the league and its member clubs. So will there be a run away club who everyone has to chase ?  I don't think so, but each season brings its surprise club .  All clubs are all capable of beating each other more than ever.

Now the constitution is finalsed and without knowing each clubs squads, I see that any 1 from 12 could be contenders for that champions crown, it could be that close and the regular 4-7 loses per season to be champions maybe extended this season.

To be considered as Champions after last season:

The usual suspects  Camberley, E&E, Windsor, Molesey, Hanworth Villa

New contenders:       Westfield, Cove, Hartley Wintney

Newcomers:              Guildford, Ashford, Spelthorne Sports, Chertsey

Camberley were a surprise package last season and credit to them, but clubs now know how they play the long ball so I see clubs combating their style better this season.

E&E Rich mentions that they have had players leave them so will be going thru' a transitional period this season so stability is the main goal altho' I think thats a red herring Rich ....!!! 

Windsor will be thereabouts but need to improve on their squad to achieve this, which can be said for many clubs such as Westfield, Molesey, Hartley Cove and Hanworth Villa but of this group some did not apply to be promoted if champions ! 

Cove finshed the best of this group with a great run-in having the momentum, so can they keep the same players to maintain that ?, Westfield were always thereabouts, and with a new manager, will they improve or need a settleing in season?  Hartley had a slump after their cup ventures but regained their winning run but left it too late,same with Hanworth Villa who are under new management, so could that upset the balance they have had over the last few seasons or improve them ? Molesey were below standard, underachieved and had a poor season, so don't expect them to have the same next season

Then the newcomers, The new Chertsey manager Kim Harris should entice so called Ryman standard players to drop a level but will their budget allow that ?  Having said that Corinthian Casuals never paid money, so its a case of convincing players to play in te CCL.which Harris has the ability. Neverthess, reading tabloids Chertsey have openly admitted that they have no real ambition to get promotion next season and stability is the brief for Harris.

Raynor returns to CCL after an unhappy time at Rymans Chipstead and Guildford last season in the Southern league South & West Div. and has already voiced his opinion that they Guildford will be champions on their website !  Personally, I think that they were glad to get relegated, in hope that they win the CCL this time round for the 3rd time and go into the more acceptable Southern League Central Div. So providing Raynor mainatins his budget and can keep most of his 2 championship winning squad, they are real contenders.   

Ashfords Manager Ben Murray starts their pre-season only today, These are an unknown quantity and depends if Murray can keep much of last seasons squad to push for the champions spot.  I think a season in the CCL is what Ashford want, regroup and go for it next season along the lines of Chertsey.

Finally Spelthorne Sports the ''team'' of last season.  An amazing achievement having said that, CCL Prem is alot stronger than CCL Div. 1 in my opinion, so it will not be the same as last season. Momentum and confidence is great for winning games and achieving success but what if they start the season poorly ?  

I,m thinking that there could be a surprise club relegated this season away from the usual suspects....but who ?  I'm not sure but its a strong league where any one club can beat the other on their day.

So all in all its a tough prediction, so I will stick my neck out and go for either Guildford or  : Chertsey but it will be a close run thing........................I hope !

Chertsey or Guildford ? You are the top CCL Tipster Bad Guy  :D