Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

News from Dorking FC and Meadowbank!

From another thread :

Big thanks to Ray and Jack Collins, who have now saved the club three times.

This one may have been the hardest to do.

My personal thanks to them both too for allowing me to get involved with the club after all I said at the time of the council bid to remove DFC ltd.

In the end we had more in common than differences, and I hope Ray can enjoy some football without the pressure.

Thanks to MVDC, who always said they wanted football to continue at Meadowbank.
Whilst nothing is forever, we can all look forward to watching football at a lovely ground in the town again.

Thanks and good luck to the new team, on and off the pitch. We have a long way to go!

I think this is great news. Let's hope the townsfolk can embrace what is happening and get behind the new regime.

In fact, let us hope that all of our member clubs can achieve their desires re improved facilities thus creating a much better experience for supporters and, therefore, enhancing, the CCL experience.

This is a good league which, I believe, needs improved publicity, including, especially, an enhanced and competitive division 1.

I look forward to the official announcement re our 2014/15 constitution very soon.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/New-leadership-team-takes-Dorking-Football-Club/story-21152763-detail/story.html

Thanks to TRS for being on the ball

Thought Id start a new thread as we arent merging!

Good Luck with your new venture TSF - new blood at both Dorking & Spurs in the same week - the future is looking bright!

Good news indeed.

Lets hope the new management embrace, (if you'll pardon the expression), The Dorking Ladies, who I understand after a telephone conversation this morning with their Secretary, wish to remain as Dorking Ladies and have al;ready taken measures to find alternative playing facilities for the coming season if needed.

I just hope a ground-share is agreed as soon as possible now that we finally have some stability.

Great news and hope it all goes as planned but it made me laugh when I saw "All profits will be reinvested in the Club" I'm not sure anyone goes in at this level to make a profit I think the new Directors will be in for a shock.

Edited by eye1

Thanks for the good wishes.

There has been a belief in the town that ever since the "in"famous Plymouth game people have made money out of the club.

As eye 1 has suggested that has been very far from the truth.

I think its important that the town understands that any support they give will help the club and that money will stay within the club, which in turn will benefit the town.

Setting the ownership up this way should help that.

This is good news,but I am baffled by the delay by the Chairmans statement.

Firstly they are not envisaging returning to Meadowbank until 15/16 season WHY?

Yet they are Groundsharing at Horley F.C. for season 14/15,which will cost the Club minimum £6000,which is like throwing money down the drain. WHY?

If as is said that this has the backing of the local Council/Businesses/Community,why the delay in getting Meadowbank back up to standard,as regards Changing Rooms etc.Why the delay?

Could it be that they are applying for Football Foundation/F.A /LotteryFunding to Completely refurbish the Whole Complex.

I presume in the meantime only junior football will be played at Meadowbank,to generate any income.

We will all have to wait and see Peter.

At the moment, I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.

It's a completely new set-up and will take at least one season for Meadowbank to be refurbished.

I understand from a conversation I have just had is that the whole pitch is to be taken up and relayed which would obviously mean no football for some months.

I fancy Dorking to go All weather,as the Community is a major part of the new club.

Not sure about that.

I fancy Dorking to go All weather,as the Community is a major part of the new club.

This would make a lot of sense if it could be funded. Obviously, that's a big IF but if anyone's investing in a football club they really need to think how sustainable their investment is. Having an artificial surface is surely the only way a club like Dorking can become self supporting. So it's a no brainer in my eyes.

And I guess it would then be logical for both sides to share Meadowbank with an artificial surface, given the article above about Wanderers looking to relocate. However that may then lead to the question of why have 2 teams. Interesting times ahead...