Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

26 April 2014: Wingate & Finchley v Blues

Nice poster

Times for this trip will be added this week by my new secretary :D 

Last chance too see the boys this season  lets ave it.

I hope that's not an excuse to get me sitting on your knee!

A group of Blues fans will be travelling in to London for the last game of the season, a must win for Wingate if they want to avoid relegation.

As fans will be travelling on different train lines I have found times for the two lines in to London

Fenchurch Street Line

• Basildon 09:19
  • Laindon 09:22
  • Fenchurch Street Station 10:01

London Liverpool Street Line

• Billericay 09:37
  • Shenfield 09:45
  • Romford 09:53
  • Liverpool Street 10:04
  • Chelmsford 09:26
  • Shenfield 09:38
  • London Liverpool Street 10:01

We'll be meeting in The Sir John Oldcastle (Wetherspoons) near Farringdon Station.  I'm told that you come out of the station and turn right.  Farringdon is a short journey on the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines.

Wingate & Finchley Admission prices:

Adults - £10.00

Students & OAP - £5.00

Under 16's - £3.00

Under 12's - Free

It will be very interesting to see if the bookies flag this match up as suspect - I could only get £100 on Wingate (normally no problems getting more on at this level). This match reeked of shenanigans from the off.

The black geezer playing #5 for you lads must surely be a fraud - he ain't no footballer, that's for sure.

Result speaks for itself, Blues were slow out of the blocks and Wingate scored two quick goals.  Town did pick up with Josh coming on but Wingate kept pushing.

The morning started badly in the pub in Farringdon and the game was poor.  Had a laugh though. 

In the last few weeks I've met some great people and I look forward to more away games next season.

Sad that final game of season attracts such allegations not surprised by the comments coming from PB but would not expect EU to fabricate and i am not suggesting you have, could it simply be that wingate had everything to play for and BTFC only pride which sometimes as we know is not enough. Lets hope so this hanging around the club is certainly poor publicity.

Have a good summer.

It will be very interesting to see if the bookies flag this match up as suspect - I could only get £100 on Wingate (normally no problems getting more on at this level). This match reeked of shenanigans from the off.

The black geezer playing #5 for you lads must surely be a fraud - he ain't no footballer, that's for sure.

As I understand it, the rather skewed scoreline was down to Billericay having an injury ravaged team (there were only two subs on the bench). Maybe a more informed poster can confirm?

All that said, I fully appreciate that if Enfield had drawn at Cray and we had won 6-0 (thus staying up) it would have looked a bit iffy. But we didn’t, and nor did Enfield lose. Sometimes football throws up freak results.

If you want to talk about dubious results, the below is a standout one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_12%E2%80%931_Malta

As I understand it, the rather skewed scoreline was down to Billericay having an injury ravaged team (there were only two subs on the bench). Maybe a more informed poster can confirm?

All that said, I fully appreciate that if Enfield had drawn at Cray and we had won 6-0 (thus staying up) it would have looked a bit iffy. But we didn’t, and nor did Enfield lose. Sometimes football throws up freak results.

If you want to talk about dubious results, the below is a standout one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_12%E2%80%931_Malta

Billericay have only had a small squad all season so a few injuries always has an affect.  We were lucky to have Josh back and YES we did only have 2 subs on the bench. 

Wingate wanted it far more.