Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

promotion

Dalts

We all have different measures of success but they seem to have survived OK for a very long time (I realise Cray have foundered somewhat this season). Kingstonian dropped from a Conference club to a Ryman 1 club and now have levelled off as a pretty solid Ryman Premier club. It's not ideal by any means and everyone would prefer to have their own ground. It's tangible part of their identity. I honestly don't know how (or why) you carry on without something on the horizon.

The last sentence is spot on Lee. Play intermediate football and stop wasting money you don't really have.

Actually powelly, it is 100% OUR money that we have from the sale of OUR old ground so don't talk rubbish. What do you think we should do? Fold up and donate it to a cats charity? Idiot!

In all honesty Lee, we've been struggling for years and without the money from the sale of the ground and some land we bought at the time that we sold ten years later, we wouldn't be here now. As I have documented elsewhere we have an extremely long history; not as long as some, but far longer and more successful than others, and to give up just isn't in the nature of the people concerned.

I may occasionally be critical of how the club is run as I think there are a number of things we could do significantly better, but what I will say is that almost everyone in a position of responsibility has over 30 years service and even our Chairman, a relative newcomer, has been there for 14 years now. Stability is key at the club and almost everyone there is a long term supporter. While there is a faint chance that the club can get a new ground, all will continue to remain so.

Would it not have been better to invest that money in the venture of a new ground?

Just out of interest Powelly how much did you club invest in your current ground ? 

Would it not have been better to invest that money in the venture of a new ground?

Obviously we tried that first. Do you actually think that we haven't considered every alternative over twenty years?

We actually bought a piece of land back in 1993 but had planning permission refused and had to sell it in 2003 when we were running out of money. We have tried numerous sites and options still remain but movement is slow, and believe me I've tried to push various people on this in the past. Frequently!

It kept us alive.

I've gone into more detail on the Premier Relegation Dogfight thread so probably best to carry on there instead of on two separate threads now.

Just out of interest Powelly how much did you club invest in your current ground ?

Hi Krooner

None up front to my knowledge, but in effect we didn't move. We do pay rent and running costs however.

Over at Krooner Park tomorrow with the reserves, so if you're there please give me a shout.

Cheers

Dave Powell

I'd like to ask,where or when do you think ground sharing is gonna end ? because by and large it doesn't appear to be working,I do have sympathy for EandE but what about the teams who have their own grounds who are being denied because of this practice,as i have said before it is not the clubs fault it is the FA's for not putting a time scale together and giving these clubs an ultimatum,imo. 

Hi Krooner

None up front to my knowledge, but in effect we didn't move. We do pay rent and running costs however.

Over at Krooner Park tomorrow with the reserves, so if you're there please give me a shout.

Cheers

Dave Powell

Sorry mate only just seen this post otherwise I would have said hi !!

I'd like to ask,where or when do you think ground sharing is gonna end ? because by and large it doesn't appear to be working,I do have sympathy for EandE but what about the teams who have their own grounds who are being denied because of this practice,as i have said before it is not the clubs fault it is the FA's for not putting a time scale together and giving these clubs an ultimatum,imo. 

An interesting point duncs, and I can see the arguments both ways. If the F.A. ever made that decision, we'd have to look at it along with every other club that is in that situation. Until then though, we have other issues to deal with.

I would say that I don't believe we've denied anyone anything as a result of the share. We haven't taken a promotion in the time we've been away with exception of 2001/02 and that season loads of teams were moved up including Corinthian Casuals who were 11th the season before.

Guessing you were there Krooner?

Were you involved with the Camberley side or just a watching brief?

I was there just watching and as my friends above say sorting out Non League with VP :)