Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Official site questions

SteveB

Just a quick reminder that I no longer maintain the official web site so I cannot answer any questions emailed about it. My MFC email account will also be switched off soon so I won't even be able to reply to tell you I cannot reply. If that makes sense?!?

unrelated to the above,but i note that the new official site had a forum which seemed to be getting going.

Its now disappeared without explanation from the task bar or whatever its called at top of site.

a bit odd ?

It would have been nice to have been told.  This forum has been very popular in the past and I think the Margate forum was one of the most popular on this site.  With a 6 - 0 win today I would have expected it to be buzzing this evening but there is nothing on here yet.  Where has everybody gone?

It would have been nice to have been told.  This forum has been very popular in the past and I think the Margate forum was one of the most popular on this site.  With a 6 - 0 win today I would have expected it to be buzzing this evening but there is nothing on here yet.  Where has everybody gone?

Steve if you joined the REAL facebook page rather than the 1 you are on you would see all the discussions going on.

Am I right to say that MFC has abandoned  the administration of this forumto the less desirable elements of FACEBOOK?

I can understand that it removes the work involved in membership etc, but WHY  do I have to join the misguided masses of Facebook, so i can enjoy the words of fellow supporters?

A great shame losing its independence, but what do I know about the technical ins and outs of running a forum via a third party?

So it may well be the last you hear from be, in which case, thanks for the memories guys and gals.

Zorba

Am I right to say that MFC has abandoned  the administration of this forum to the less desirable elements of FACEBOOK?

I can understand that it removes the work involved in membership etc, but WHY  do I have to join the misguided masses of Facebook, so i can enjoy the words of fellow supporters?

A great shame losing its independence, but what do I know about the technical ins and outs of running a forum via a third party?

So it may well be the last you hear from be, in which case, thanks for the memories guys and gals.

Zorba

i sort of agree with you regarding Facebook but like most things they have a habit of returning in the future.....so watch this space after the summer break it may be buzzing again 

to the best of my knowledge: this forum has nothing officially to do with margate football club-albeit many of us have-and continue to enjoy this site ;and from time to time-the club have previously indulged us by posting links to news on this excellent site.

seemed to work well all round;and the admin of this site is superb imo.

for a very short period-the new official site via pitchero ;also had its own official forum-now as above states -been disabled.

i would never say never-but i am similarly not rushing to get my daily dose of margate via twitter or facebook

Am I right to say that MFC has abandoned  the administration of this forum to the less desirable elements of FACEBOOK?

Zorba

This community is independent :)

Feel free to talk freely.

All we ask is that you stay within our site rules - which essentially means don't do anything illegal!

Why is it when I attempt to get to the MFC Facebook site I only seem to get the "wonderful" Jeremy Jacobs? all a bit off putting !!!

could be Jeremy Clarkson....now that would be off putting   -_-

Have no worries this "UNOFFICIAL" Forum is here to stay with me continuing to moderate it, not that I have too much, thanks to decent posters on here.

As Terry said the Official forum was taken off our Pitchero website as it was stopping more worthwhile stuff going on.

For those who do use Facebook I would say join us as great discussions do go on there about games etc. Twitter updates can also be seen by anyone by hitting the Twitter button on the official site (You dont need to be on Twitter to read these).

Hope that helps.

Archived