Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Maidstone claims

dannyriding

After watching the 1-1 draw today I decided to prowl over the ever dwindling fortunes of the big boys (lol) of Ryman Prem status ..... the Maidscum... :)]

Apparently the gossip is we have offered Zac attwood £800 a week to join us, after much deliberation I can honestly say if he can drop his allegiance (pants) to leave us mid-season then sod him - and to the Maidstone I really hope to be playing you lot next season, if only so as you cant hold the FA/Ryman over a barrel and gripe about how we really need 3G pitches - jog on.

3G pitches are great from a business point of view but cause passionate debate versus grass, time will tell if opposition to them softens amongst the decision makers.

As for Zac so long as he is not in a contract for the time his services are required he is free to make his own decision. He has to make a living the same as us.

I would be pleased to see him in a Margate shirt next season.

Footballers come and go, all part of the game, and money is the main motivating factor (not that I blame them, we'd do the same in their shoes). That said, this rumour surprises me.

from their un-official forum so probably speculation but they are bigging us up as the rich boys of the league, if Im honest that kinda feels weird being that we have skirted with insolvency/relegation etc over the last decade or so to now being the "Man City" of the Ryman League............. chortle.  I do agree with money now being the motivating factor but it does smack of derision to me and a lack of loyalty..

I remember when the money came in at our place and we were called the Chelsea of non league, but it can go as quick as it comes, I much perfer it the way it is now, to me that is what non league football is all about. Good luck to you and long may it last.

Archived