Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 5th April Fixtures

Match report v Camberley is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN51.html

Some things happen frequently in this funny old game. Stan hides away, our club's organisation is poor and I agree with Krooner. Well, most of the time anyway1 

But Saturday was one of those days. Camberley looked just a bit more threatening than us, not that you'll get this from our "official" website where apparently we were well deserving of our win over Windsor on Tuesday!   

We had chances and we definitely were pressing for an equaliser in the second half before the sending off. It amazes me how many people thought it was harsh. I know Mark a bit as he has been at the club for a while know and I like his family who are regular supporters. However, it was a definite red card challenge, purely down to frustration at being battered from pillar to post all game. If someone had done that to one of our players the shouts for retribution by way of a red card would be heard across the park. It was high, it was late, it was dangerous. On another day a lenient ref might have gone for a yellow and this ref was fairly lenient I felt, almost too lenient. However, that would have been hoping for inconsistency, the sort of thing we all moan about.

"Jarmo" is a great lad. He will always come and talk to you off the field. He is also a very hard working and fully committed player which is why he was our Player of the Year last season. He punches way above his weight in the physical battles, often against guys substantially bigger than him and sometimes when doing that, you cross the line. To be honest, I'd much rather that our strikers put their foot in instead of standing back and watching a defender clear the ball. Maybe it's an old school traditional view, but I want them to "get the first one in" or to "make the defender know you are there". However, the red card was definitely the right decision this time.

Apologies also to Krooner for not being able to stay longer after the game and next season when we meet up, as I believe we will, an all-dayer could be required!

Fair report and not unexpected having known you all these years Rich.  I would add that we could well have ahd a penalty when your keeper dropped the ball and proceeded to haul our striker down.

It was good to speak to Mr Jarman after the game and we exchanged views on the sending off and not unsurprisingly we disagreed but in a proper adult conversation. 

Good luck to Epsom a club I have a lot of time for.

Just 1 small thing.  An all dayer may only mean about 3 hours now for me but good to see you mate.  Hope the birthday party went well :)

good to see cookie again saturday away at sheerwater cheers for the babysham ;)

at times we played some decent stuff but as always loops sides are resillient an made us work for the win. that said at our place when they beat us they were alot better they just didnt seem to get going.

first goal came from a corner headed home by george cockbill the second a tidy finish by staines loanee joe hughes.

a couple of missed chances for us second half but it stayed at two nil there was time for a straight red for phil jacobs for an elbow after only being on for thirty seconds.

good luck to sheerwater some good football people at the club.

Thanks chaps I always try to be honest and open, whether on here or in person.

Some people don't like it, but the truth hurts sometimes and I am always prepared to back up what I say, unlike some who are quite happy to criticise behind masks.

Just in case anyone doesn't think I am honest, you should check out my latest weekly editorial on the website. It is here: http://www.eefconline.co.uk/baseE26.html

And yes Krooner, about three hours is as far as I can go on an all-dayer these days too  :) #lightweight

Edited by E&E Rich

Westfield 1-4 Frimley

To be fair we didn't play that bad and I think the two late goals flattered them despite us playing for just under an hour with 10 men

However make the mistakes we made at the back and you get punished and no complaints.

Much needed rest before a semi final

This Thursday

Totally amazed at this Forum,Bedfont Sports looked dead and buried 3 months ago,until yours truly and Grandson,got involved down there,they had 12 points,they now have 38,could probably be the form team in the CCL Premier?Today they took Farnham Town apart 2-0.The Referee Mr.Jack O'Hene and his 2 Assistants put in an excellent performance,in front of an assessor,1 yellow card.However it was with shock,that I was told that my Terry was not part of Bedfont plans next year.So does any Club out there neeed a past it PLAYER,and an Ancient Grandad.

So you and Terry going back to what was once your beloved Croydon next season, or go where Terry goes ;) ...last week didn't you say what a lovely club Bedfont Sports was :P

And the week before,and the week before that,Bedfont Sports are a great club.Lovely people thoughout the Club,all on first name terms,whats yours by the way?

Pete, but affectionately called Norris occasionally. What's in a name though Smudge, it's whether you're NICE or BAD in life that really counts  ;)

Pete, but affectionately called Norris occasionally. What's in a name though Smudge, it's whether you're NICE or BAD in life that really counts  ;)

Is that some sort of cryptic clue, GF ?

I hear that Hounslow v Dorking is off, rumour has it that DFC are unable to raise a team. Pathetic. Surely the league need to step in and take action now as this is just embarrassing.

Get ready for Big JR's "no comment" remark.

As Glynn, (the 'Gaffer'), has now gone public on this matter, and mainly just for Fatty Boy...........

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Chicks-need-league-help/story-20938109-detail/story.html