Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town 0 Margate 2

I missed Tuesdays game but have heard varying reports about it.

Apparently it was a good game ruined by the result.

Todays game wasn't particularly entertaining, though it had a few flashes like Billy Lumley's save in the first half.

I think the lads were up for it, the effort was there but ability had left them.  What also went against them was how well organised Margate were.  Their two strikers were big, strong and caused Town problems all afternoon.

The referee didn't control the game that well in the first half and had a far better second half despite some of the idiotic and biased views of some people regarding his decisions.

Pooley's poor penalty was a low point and left a lot of us seeing just how the game was going to go.  The players kept trying to push but the Margate defence held firm.  The game did go flat for a large part of the second half.

The attendance against Wingate & Finchley on Tuesday could suffer from this ultimately flat performance, and if this game is no better then I worry for the turn out against Carshalton.

The blues away form shows that they are not a bad team and one home win could be enough to trigger a run of good home form.

Come on you Blues!

I lost count of the times we "almost" got the ball in the net.  I'm sure if we had a canon pointed at the net yesterday it would still have not gone in.

As a team the lad's didn't seem to have a problem getting the ball all the way to the box except for getting it in the bloody net. 

I'm sure they will be as pissed off with the result as the supporters are. 

Times like this is when the supporters need to back the lad's and try and lift them.

I suggest we hire a coach for the lad's at home games and send them around the block & back to New Lodge. Pretend it's an away game 

Keep the faith True Blues

Archived