Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potential Restructure

E&E Rich

All I can say, is, 'Wait and see'.

I could have started venting my spleen months ago about another club, but being a senior citizen and think maybe just a little bit more mature, so I didn't.

Glass houses, sticks & stones, and the like never moves people or clubs forward.

Take what you've got.  If you don't like it, then become your own censor and walk away.  Take it or leave it.

ME  ?  I'm taking what I've got with both hands, in either an official or unofficial capacity.

End of Lesson.  QED.

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that the final suggested Triangle structure is now available at:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/base15.html

Thanks to MisterTwoU for his immense help with the mapping.

This is now directly comparable to the FA's 2014/15 allocations, although my actual mileage comparison tables are not yet ready. Still, you will be able to see how much closer everyone is from the maps alone anyway.

Please feel free to comment but please also remember when commenting to remember the big picture. For example, Portsmouth clubs are in a different section to Southampton clubs, but there really is no way around this if we are to use Dartford as a splitting point, as we have to work inwards from Kent.

We are most particularly interested in feedback where it is felt that our suggested triangle is actually worse in any areas than any of the FA's allocations. The South West has become a little more stretched, but that aside, we believe this works everywhere else across the country.

Finally, please also remember that the allocations are not set in stone. They are only a guideline to show that this structure can work better, as the FA will of course always have the final say on things like that. Our job has been to provide a better framework for the clubs to be allocated to. If they are better than the current plan, as we believe, then by the time you add the extra promotion spots and playoff introductions at the new Section level, not to mention the other benefits, then hopefully you will agree with us that this really can be the way forward for non-league football from August 2016.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update to bring this subject back up to date.

I have sent this plan to Mike Appleby at the F.A. and he has responded positively to it with a nice long message, not one of those impersonal responses that you might get from someone who wasn't bothered.

He explained that a couple of things were due to happen very shortly but I won't mention them here as I am not sure whether they are public domain yet.

Suffice to say, the Triplet plan DOES have legs and will be given some serious consideration. It looks like you can get things done sometimes, if you have the belief and get the preparation right.

• 1 year later...