Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congratulations Hanwell

Went down to Ashford last night, I thought Ashford played possibly the better football but lacked any cutting edge up front, although they did hit the post twice. Credit to Hanwell for hitting them with the sucker punch, the turning point in the game was when they had the penalty and Ashford lost a man. Have to say ref got it right and i couldn't believe some of the idiotic chants and comments from the Kentish locals.

Hanwell Town for the cup ;)

Yes, that's expecting a bit too much I think

• 2 months later...

Who heard Bob Fisher on this morning's Non League show with Caroline Barker, here's a link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0418nrw

Who heard Bob Fisher on this morning's Non League show with Caroline Barker, here's a link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0418nrw

Yes bob was talking to me about this after yesterdays game. Thanks for posting the above link Rhodes.

Will you keep the mangerment and players mr bee

Yep.

The last two seasons have been great since Ray, Mark and Vince have been at the club. Most of last season squad are still at the club we have just added I.Bywater, E.Casey, D.Rhone and R.Laney to the squad this season and they have all been great signings for the club.

Yes bob was talking to me about this after yesterdays game. Thanks for posting the above link Rhodes.

It was quite funny listening to it actually as you would have thought that Hanwell Town had won the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League all rolled into one.

Munchkin - Don't get me wrong, I wasn't putting a damper the achievement but I've never heard such enthusiasm before, I thought Mr Fisher was going to burst into tears at one point and he must have used 'over the moon' half a dozen times.

Munchkin - Don't get me wrong, I wasn't putting a damper the achievement but I've never heard such enthusiasm before, I thought Mr Fisher was going to burst into tears at one point and he must have used 'over the moon' half a dozen times.

You are a fine one to talk the way you wax lyrical about people who haven't achieved anything your self titled 'special one' as one example. Over the moon sounds right to me. At this level of football that is a huge title to win.

It was quite funny listening to it actually as you would have thought that Hanwell Town had won the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League all rolled into one.

Munchkin - Don't get me wrong, I wasn't putting a damper the achievement but I've never heard such enthusiasm before, I thought Mr Fisher was going to burst into tears at one point and he must have used 'over the moon' half a dozen times.

Bob Fisher has been involved with Hanwell Town FC for 50 + years and done every role at the club its the club's first title in 30 years so he is going to be very happy isn't he.

You are a fine one to talk the way you wax lyrical about people who haven't achieved anything your self titled 'special one' as one example. Over the moon sounds right to me. At this level of football that is a huge title to win.

Like I said I wasn't knocking Hanwell's achievement in winning the SSML this season but lets see if the Club can hold their own at Step 4 level next season as didn't they come straight back down the last time they were promoted

Rhodes.

You are an absolute plonker!! I listened to the podcast, expecting Bob Fisher (whom I know from Ealing Cricket Club) to make a complete fool of himself. But nothing of the sort - he was just a 'proud' chairman enjoying his club's success, and hoping that they don't come striaght back down again. And maybe I'm deaf, but 'over the moon' was not used six times - just the once!! Maybe he's not a 'special one', but i=f we set up a poll on here - Rhodes -v- Bob Fisher - I know where my money would be!!

Edited by Whitley Bay

I have to say that on the few occasions I have had dealings with Mr Fisher in the past I haven't found him that friendly but he did come across very well on the Non League show yesterday

Like I said I wasn't knocking Hanwell's achievement in winning the SSML this season but lets see if the Club can hold their own at Step 4 level next season as didn't they come straight back down the last time they were promoted

Whether they get relegated on not has nothing to do with this season fantastic achievement, if you are going to enter in to a debate/argument/discussion try to make points that have some relevance. I'll double or quits on our last bet that you failed to pay up on that Hanwell don't get relegated.