Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surrey Premier Cup

I've heard today that although Staines Lammas beat Westfield in the semi final this week it will actually be Westfield who progress to the final by default curtesy of Lammas playing an ineligible player! Does anyone know anything about this?? Apparently the player concerned was only brought on for the last few minutes, oh dear!!

Funnily enough there is also an allegation of an ineligible player being involved in the other semi final match (Mole Valley v Walton Casuals Res). Again, anyone know the details?

Would be a tad ironic if we end up with a Westfield v Mole Valley final.

I believe that this weeks game was a twice rearranged fixture so was the lad in question actually registered at the time of the original game which I believe are the rules? I assume not if he only signed last week from Knaphill!! Easy to fall foul of this though I suppose but rules are rules.....and club secretary is responsible for ensuring all players are eligible. If anyone is to blame then blame him, lol! Where's Redders when you need him?

I thought it was 28 days for county cup semi finals and you must have played three competitive games. Obviously not 100% sure though.

Here are the rules covering the points raised so far:

ADULT

(a) General

i. Subject to the exception covered later in the rule, each player must have been a bona fide member of his/

her club and registered in accordance with the Rules of their Parent League or Competition, except for the

Veteran's Competition who will register direct with the County Association, for at least seven days before

taking part in the Competition.

ii In the Saturday Senior and Saturday Premier County Cups, all players must be registered with their Parent

League by 12 noon on the preceding day of the date fixed for the match

iii. In the Final ties, all players must have been registered players of their team for at least twenty-eight days and

must have played in at least three Competition or League matches in the current season for the Club they

represent in the Competition. In the Veteran's Competition, players have to be signed on at least 28 days

before the Semi-Final and Final ties and have played at least three games or as determined by the Challenge

Trophies committee

15 POSTPONED AND REPLAYED MATCHES

(a) In the case of postponed or replayed matches, only those players shall be allowed to play who were eligible

on the scheduled date fixed for the playing of the round.

Here are the rules covering the points raised so far:

ii In the Saturday Senior and Saturday Premier County Cups, all players must be registered with their Parent

League by 12 noon on the preceding day of the date fixed for the match

iii. In the Final ties, all players must have been registered players of their team for at least twenty-eight days and

must have played in at least three Competition or League matches in the current season for the Club they

represent in the Competition. In the Veteran's Competition, players have to be signed on at least 28 days

before the Semi-Final and Final ties and have played at least three games or as determined by the Challenge

Trophies committee

Thanks for pointing that out GF - I hadn't realised the rules had changed for this season. Until last season players had to be signed on for 28 days before a semi final in the Senior and Premier Cups, hence the case in 2009 Bommie mentions when Tooting and Kingstonian were both thrown out after playing their semi final.

Edited by VPCTFC