Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

6 - 0

Rich.m

Well well well..... The players have delivered this weekend what we all needed after Horsham last week.

May x3 Poole x2 and Wild.

Took a couple of half chances and waiting for aveley to run themselves out, before we looked to have steam rolled them into the Ryman 1.

Great all round effort again, how long ago was it that our players actually looked like they are enjoying playing for us. We can all see the passion everytime we score, even tonight each goal was celebrated like it was the first.

We have got 6 points from a weekend in which deep down we would have all expected, but we all knew they were both going to be tough!

Saturday is massive again, Lewes fancied themselves at the start of the season and probably still do, so it makes it more important that we have a huge performance again.

Can we hit 600+ this Saturday, we should be. Great to see some many Billericay tonight at Aveley lets all have another big push and sing on saturday!

Made my week for sure

Come on you Blues!!!!!

Top effort all round, up until the first goal we dominated the game but lacked the right ball in the last third. Jay went on a couple of mazy runs and changed the game, first by winning the pen and then a great effort to win the ball straight from the restart and then drive at the defence with pace. Minute the goal went in until the final whistle totally different story, everything turned to gold. Huge 200 plus away support, really happy with that. Let's get every possible body we can at the game on sat, tell every family, friend, work college, social networking friend you can about the game. Makes such a huge difference and really does give the team that extra 10%. Let's make this a season to remember, the rewards are huge and it's right there in our grasp. COYB!!

A ruthless performance which hopefully sends a message out to the rest of the division. We started the better side and although it took a while for the first goal, the second straight afterwards knocked any resistance out of Aveley, so in the second half it was a case of how many.

Jay May's hat trick was just reward for his efforts recently and it was great to see the celebrations after each goal.

Difficult game Saturday against a side who beat us early in the season. Don't let it slip now lads.

COYB!

Two ex Romford goalkeepers now play for Aveley, and both are class acts so you must be a bit special to put six past them, which one was playing last night?

I have spent the last two hours on the floor rolling around in laughter

One was our player of the years last season who moved on for financial reasons, the other one is a very highly rated youngster who should be playing at a much higher level but seems to have a problem with discipline. When he improves his attitude he will be a fantastic footballer.

Two ex Romford goalkeepers now play for Aveley, and both are class acts so you must be a bit special to put six past them, which one was playing last night?

Didn't catch his name but was a Black fella about 5'11 with braids in all fairness to the bloke his defence went AWOL for the last half hour and let him fend on his own thought he did well to keep it in single figures.

Didn't catch his name but was a Black fella about 5'11 with braids in all fairness to the bloke his defence went AWOL for the last half hour and let him fend on his own thought he did well to keep it in single figures.

His name is Lamar and his lack of discipline is IMO the only thing that is stopping him making a full time career out of football. You must have a fearsome attack to put six past him.

Edited by missunderstood

Not sure what you lot saw, as a nuetral.

I saw an OK ricay playing a very poor Averly, could not believe how shakey you looked in the first half and up until 40th minute it could have gone either way. Then came a very soft penalty that seemed to completly knock the stuffing out of Averly, then the farsical second goal straight from kick off just completly blew every player out of the water and triggered a growth in confidence amongst the players in sky blue.

From that point on it was like watching something from the Goodies with the Averly keeper running out of the box at every opportunity! Cruelly entertaining even Averly officials were hiding their giggles at [censored] up after [censored] up from keeper and defense. Ricay were not great Averly were awful and without James Hawes I think you would have not had as much your way.

Clearly ricay have deservedly all but won the league but I would ask some questions.

What would have happened if Averly nicked one of their spurned chances in the first half?

What will happen if you play like you did in the first half against Lewes?

Lol, last time we beat Aveley we were poor and just lumped it, this time we won 6-0 and have progressed to being "ok" - I hope for their sake we never play them when we are good! The penalty was as clear as day by the way - I'm surprised you couldn't hear the contact from the stand!

Anyway, it was a fantastic result for us last night, our goal difference is now pretty much worth an extra point.

Aveley made it hard for us in the first 25 minutes – We had the better chances but there wasn’t much flow to the game. The two goals in quick succession, followed by one just after half time ruined them though and we really could have ended up with double figures come the final whistle.

Again our team performed as a team, with strong performances virtually all over the field. Delighted for Jay to get his hat-trick – well deserved for his general all round performances.

Saturday will be a much tougher game, no doubt about that – but Lewes need the points for their play-off push, so at least they won’t just park the bus. The others have easier games on paper, but the pressure is all on them now.

Well done lads! Let’s keep going. Come on you Blues!!

What would have happened if Averly nicked one of their spurned chances in the first half?

I

A quiz eh.

1. it wouldn't have been 6-0

2. Dunn'o, depends on what Lewes do I suppose. - is this a first half question only or can we include the second half as well? because if re replicate our perfomance over the 90 mins, and Lewes don't score 7, ...then we will win

Cannot understand the team selection, I'm sure if we had gone with what i'd suggested we'd have won 9-0 :) seriously though a wonderful performance and as jl says our goal difference is worth an extra point. It was hard to pick a player who didn't perform including the subs. Well done all. More of the same Saturday please.

COYB

Not sure what you lot saw, as a nuetral.

I saw an OK ricay playing a very poor Averly, could not believe how shakey you looked in the first half and up until 40th minute it could have gone either way. Then came a very soft penalty that seemed to completly knock the stuffing out of Averly, then the farsical second goal straight from kick off just completly blew every player out of the water and triggered a growth in confidence amongst the players in sky blue.

From that point on it was like watching something from the Goodies with the Averly keeper running out of the box at every opportunity! Cruelly entertaining even Averly officials were hiding their giggles at [censored] up after [censored] up from keeper and defense. Ricay were not great Averly were awful and without James Hawes I think you would have not had as much your way.

Clearly ricay have deservedly all but won the league but I would ask some questions.

Dear Nob1

A neutral Canvey fan, there's a first. Recent results would point to Aveley being a difficult side to beat.

Question for you. What would have happened had we played like that against Canvey ?

Answer. 4-2 and 2-0 victories.

If C***** wasn't such a shithole, he'd have learnt to spell AVELEY!

Can only beat/destroy what's in front of you. Took us a while, but we got there. Pleased for Jay May whose work-rate is now backed up with goals.

Keep it going lads. 7 games from glory.