Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Possible problems at AFC

F*ck em.

No player is bigger than the club and I don't want us to start paying big bucks because the players think they are worth more than we can afford.

That's how clubs get into trouble.

Rather they bugger off and we finish bottom with no points than we pay them what their agents think they are worth.

My guess is that is the root of all evil..... Money.......

More precisely it's "the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil". ;)

I see TRS has already changed his favourite player status!!

JERTZ LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE GOTTA DO THE SAME AS TRS .......LOL !!!

F*ck em.

No player is bigger than the club and I don't want us to start paying big bucks because the players think they are worth more than we can afford.

That's how clubs get into trouble.

Rather they bugger off and we finish bottom with no points than we pay them what their agents think they are worth.

Here here... spot on Jertz....

Totally agree with Jertzee on this. We must not get in a position that we are paying more than we can afford, even if it means being relegated. Any player that wants to go can go (as quickly as possible please). John Still at Daggers has proved you can compete in the League on a shoestring budget. Some of the players who want to go may find the grass isn't greener elsewhere.

Have to say it has taken the gloss off a week where we should be excited about the fixtures coming out tomorrow :(

LG, Not sure but must be something to do with money and, or renewing contact terms

Dobo - how reliable is your source? I spoke to someone at the club this morning and haven't heard rumours of anything else.

Quite reliable, by all accounts there was a lot of unhappy players their yesterday. My be complete rubbish, however was told this before the press release on Kedwell. Message for the AFC forum don’t shoot the messenger, I haven’t got a tag for their forum anymore.

Jertzee you have a message on your profile

dobo - have replied

Totally agree with Jertzee on this. We must not get in a position that we are paying more than we can afford, even if it means being relegated. Any player that wants to go can go (as quickly as possible please). John Still at Daggers has proved you can compete in the League on a shoestring budget. Some of the players who want to go may find the grass isn't greener elsewhere.

Have to say it has taken the gloss off a week where we should be excited about the fixtures coming out tomorrow :(

The John Still way is to pick up hungry ambitious kids from non league clubs, get them super fit and teach them how to play route one football. All very simple, and very effective, and D&R were probably a tad unlucky to be relegated recently.

I would think that every non league fan in the country would love to be in Wimbledon's place right now, so don't understand anyone being downbeat, and even without a few of your best players you still look a good bet for a second successive promotion.

Don't agree about a second successive promotion, even with the complete current squad although I was expecting us to be mid-table. Could be a lot harder if several players leave. I'm downbeat as Kedwell 6 weeks ago said he would stay even if we didn't go up and now is 'desperate' to leave. However, life will go on whatever and Wimbledon always did lose its best players and carried on. Now, a nice away trip up north on 6th August please! excited.gif

Don't agree about a second successive promotion, even with the complete current squad although I was expecting us to be mid-table. Could be a lot harder if several players leave. I'm downbeat as Kedwell 6 weeks ago said he would stay even if we didn't go up and now is 'desperate' to leave. However, life will go on whatever and Wimbledon always did lose its best players and carried on. Now, a nice away trip up north on 6th August please! excited.gif

It will be Morecambe away...guaranteed, asI will not be here for the following Saturday