Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Red Kites over Northamptonshire

Went to Corby yesterday (took son to Adrenaline Alley - awesome place, dude!)

Approaching Corby from the A14 saw at least 6 red kites circling around plus one buzzard. Didn't realise that the Red Kites had become so prolific in that area.

Yes mate,there was a re-introduction programme quite a few years ago around the rockingham forest area,they will soon(if not already) overlap into the children population

Red kite are now common breeders in berks,bucks,herts(west),oxon,northants, leics,Warwickshire and gloucs and in counties like Norfolk,Suffolk,Essex,cambs there seems to be increased breeding,give it 20 years and they will be common in all the country I believe

Up north they also breed in Scotland,northumb,yorks,Durham quite well

• 2 months later...

Yes mate,there was a re-introduction programme quite a few years ago around the rockingham forest area,they will soon(if not already) overlap into the children population

Red kite are now common breeders in berks,bucks,herts(west),oxon,northants, leics,Warwickshire and gloucs and in counties like Norfolk,Suffolk,Essex,cambs there seems to be increased breeding,give it 20 years and they will be common in all the country I believe

Up north they also breed in Scotland,northumb,yorks,Durham quite well

Have driven along that same road four times since my first report, and have seen between 1-3 red kites circling low over the road each time - almost at the same spot just outside Corby.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be an increased reports in Essex,herts,Kent,Surrey,Sussex etc over the last few months,even London is getting more than it's fair share

Saw my first Hertfordshire Red Kite the other day, circling over the road between Ware and Stevenage! Great sight.